In a winter that has featured mild weather, the Presidents Day holiday weekend is going to be full of mild temperatures.
A warm front was passing through the area Friday and will bring in warmer air from the south and west. It's going to set up highs Saturday and Sunday in the mid-60s across central Maryland. Not a great weekend for those that want to hit the ski slopes, but a good weekend to spend some time outside.
There is a slight chance of showers Saturday night into Sunday, but otherwise we are in for a stretch of dry and fairly mild weather.
The average high this time of year is in the mid 40s, but we'll be about 20 degrees above that for the weekend and stay in the upper 40s to 50s early next week.
Here's a look at the forecast for the holiday weekend:
- Friday: Mostly sunny with a high around 44. The overnight low will be around 33.
- Saturday: Increasing clouds with a high around 64. A slight chance of showers over night with a low around 44.
- Sunday: A slight chance of showers early, then sunny with a high around 63. Clear overnight with a low around 38.
- Monday: Sunny with a high around 54.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny with a high around 50.