xml:space="preserve">
xml:space="preserve">
Advertisement
Advertisement

Maryland weather: Memorial Day weekend likely rainy, except for a sunny Monday

The next few days in Maryland will likely be rainy, but National Weather Service forecasters say the weather should clear up in time for a sunny Memorial Day.

Friday is expected to be rainy with thunderstorms and a high near 73 degrees, the weather service said. The chance of rain is 90% with rainfall amounts between a quarter and a half an inch possible. The overnight low will be around 51 degrees.

Advertisement

The precipitation is predicted to continue into Saturday with a 70% chance of rain and a high of just 55 degrees, the agency said. The low will be around 48 degrees.

There’s a 40% chance of rain Sunday with a high around 60 and a low around 49 degrees, according to the weather service.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Monday will bring a reprieve from the rain, with sunny skies and a high near 74, the service said. The low will be around 54 degrees.

The Ocean City forecast is similar: a high around 70 with a 30% chance of showers Friday; a high around 65 with a 70% chance of showers Saturday; a high around 61 with a 40% chance of showers Sunday; then a high around 68 with mostly sunny skies Monday.

Jeremiah Taylor, 11, of Baltimore, checks the tension on his line while fishing with his grandfather, Tony Taylor, on the Severn River at Jonas Green Park in Annapolis on May 20. Jeremiah caught one spot.
Jeremiah Taylor, 11, of Baltimore, checks the tension on his line while fishing with his grandfather, Tony Taylor, on the Severn River at Jonas Green Park in Annapolis on May 20. Jeremiah caught one spot. (Amy Davis/Baltimore Sun)

Recommended on Baltimore Sun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement