Orioles fans are hoping for a different result in tonight's rematch against the New York Yankees, but they can expect the same weather.
Rain delayed Sunday night's game for nearly 2 1/2 hours, and temperatures in the lower 50s and upper 40s had fans keenly aware of the fact that the Birds are playing October baseball (if they weren't excited about it enough already). The forecast for Monday night is similar.
The National Weather Service is calling for an 80 percent chance of rain in the evening, with accumulation of about a quarter of an inch. Temperatures are expected in the lower 50s.
If other forecasts are any indication, where scattered showers decide to land is going to be difficult to predict.
The Weather Channel predicts a 30-50 percent chance of showers each hour from 7 p.m. through the morning. AccuWeather is calling for a 35-40 percent chance early in the evening, with 50-65 chances in the afternoon and later, around 11 p.m. The Weather Underground estimates 60 percent chances of rain from 2 p.m. through game time at 8 p.m. but diminished chances after that.
Of course, forecasters expected rain throughout the day Sunday, subsiding in time for the first pitch. What we got was an overcast but mostly dry Sunday, with showers starting in the afternoon and lasting until about 8 p.m.