- In four intrasquad plate appearances this week, Nate McLouth reached base three times, including lacing an early-count double off lefty Zach Britton on Wednesday.
- Orioles third baseman Manny Machado returned to camp Tuesday morning after missing Monday's workout to have additional testing for his physical.
- Orioles reliever Luis Ayala, who is listed on Mexico¿s provisional roster for next month's World Baseball Classic, said Thursday that he has yet to decide whether he will pitch in the event.
- SARASOTA, Fla. -- The rain is currently falling here at the Ed Smith Stadium complex, but the Orioles were able to complete their second workout for pitchers and catchers before the skies opened.
- It's still three days until the Orioles first full-squad workout, but nearly the entire team has already reported to the Ed Smith complex here in Sarasota.
- Orioles right-hander Miguel Gonzalez, whose Cinderella 2012 season ended with an invitation to pitch for Mexico in the World Baseball Classic, has decided he won¿t participate in the March tournament.
- The Baltimore Orioles continued to add first base depth on Wednesday, signing first baseman Travis Ishikawa, as well as left-handed relievers Daniel Schlereth and Zach Braddock, to minor league contracts with invitations to major league spring training.