- Harford County Sheriff's Office Captain Lee Dunbar, left, has been named commander of the Criminal Investigations Division and Captain Michael Crabbs will be replacing Dunbar as commander of the Narcotics Task Force.
- The 38-year-old Laurel man accused of gunning down five employees of The Capital on Thursday swore a “legal oath” in court documents to kill a writer for the Annapolis newspaper. Yet he legally purchased the pump-action shotgun he allegedly used in the rampage, authorities said Friday.
- The report of a person carrying a firearm near a baseball field sent more than 50 Harford County sheriff's deputies and officers from several other agencies
- With three of Harford County's former sheriffs sitting to his right and his wife and two daughters sitting to his left, Sheriff Jeff Gahler pledged to an audience of nearly 600 people, many of them the deputies under his command, during his inauguration Monday to return more deputies to duty patrolling the community, work with the county government and State's Attorney's office to combat heroin and ensure the Harford County Sheriff's Office remains "a place that will inspire and instill
- Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake was joined by agency representatives who answered questions about an executive order prohibiting city employees from inquiring about a person's immigration status.