- We’re only a few days in and don’t yet know what the full illness will look like for her. She’s miserable right now, her little body hot all over and her throat on fire.
- There’s something slightly ridiculous about feeling the need to praise Maryland’s Republican governor for making reasonable statements before national and local media, as if it were some sort of singular moment. But given the actions of most of the party, Larry Hogan’s recent comments suggest a sparkly horn could indeed sprout from his pate at any moment.
- The conviction of Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd is most certainly a victory, but it's not cause for celebration.
- Whether it’s murder bees, mask requirements or hundreds of Q followers storming the Capitol, there has never been a more surreal year in modern American history.
- The novel coronavirus blazed through our daily lives like a freight train, upending everything, right down to the way we do our shopping. It has been immensely disruptive, and in that lies opportunity. We now have the chance to reinvent entire sectors of our society.
- For many of us who haven’t experienced a COVID loss, the daily counts mean little, but there’s a whole life behind each number, and a trail of people who mourn them.
- I'm getting together with my parents on Thanksgiving, which wouldn't be possibly but for the circumstances created by the pandemic. That got me thinking: What other good has come out of this tragic time?