- Angela Marie King, 33, was arrested in June alongside her co-defendant, Thomas Leo Hurley, 35, of Woodbine. According to Wayne Kirwan of the Howard County State's Attorney's Office, King pleaded guilty to two counts of theft scheme between $10,000 and $100,000 in Howard County Circuit Court last Thursday afternoon.
The defense attorney for a 15-year-old boy charged with taking part in the gruesome, burglary-gone-wrong killing of a 16-year-old girl told jurors Tuesday th
- The “Gotham” writers satisfyingly put an end to Captain Barnes’ increasing insanity, and delved more into Ivy’s drastic growth spurt.
- Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a man who broke into a restaurant through a grill ventilation system and stole cash from registers.
We can all agree that the Internet is no longer used as just a means of research but rather is a powerhouse tool that is used to communicate and create conn
- Karen Lee Binks was arrested Monday and charged with forging private documents, issuing false documents, and theft scheme.
- Now that another major security breach has been alleged at the NSA, the questions are whether there are others in the intelligence community who took advantage of the negligent computer security pre-Edward Snowden, what they're doing with that information and how we find them — not to mention how we further tighten network security. The FBI should take every action within the law to prevent future leaks and find any potential leakers who still have daily access to classified information.
- Gregory Dennis Butler II, 34, of no fixed address in Westminster, is charged with one count of robbery, one count of second degree assault and one count of theft less than $1,000, according to electronic court records.
- For the second time in two years, violence marred Halloween festivities in Fells Point's bar district, revelry that some business owners and residents said has gotten increasingly out of hand in recent years.
For the second time in two years, gunfire marred Halloween festivities in Fells Point's bar district — this time with a woman being struck in the foot.
- An Edgewood man was arrested last Wednesday after he allegedly robbed a woman inside her car and was then locked inside the vehicle by the victim as she ran for help, according to police.
- After the implementation of Howard County Police Department's Transaction Safe Place program, Lt. Jennifer Reidy-Hall says the program will cut down on robberies by providing a safe place to conduct an in-person transaction after arranging a meet online.
Booz Allen Hamilton, a major intelligence community contractor, said Thursday that it has hired a formerA former National Security Agency contractor charged with stealing government property and taking classified information appealed to be released from prison in a motion Tuesday as he awaits trial.Hundreds of residents at the J. Van Story Branch are living in a building that is dangerous, bug-infested, and in desperate need of basic repairs. The 20-story building, located on W. 20th Street between Charles and Maryland avenues is owned by the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) and houses mostly elderly and disabled people in its 350 apartments. It is visibly infested with rodents, insects, and parasites, which can be particularly harmful for those whose health is fragile. SinceHarold T Martin III, a former NSA contractor from Glen Burnie accused of hoarding classified information at his home, will remain in jail while his case moves forward, a federal judge ruled Friday.Kellis Andrew Conklin was charged with possessing more than 10 grams of marijuana, theft and unlawful taking of a motor vehicle.Robert Daniel Duvall, 25, of the 6000 block of Cedar Court, is charged with one count of first-degree assault, one count of robbery and one count of theft between $1,000 and $10,000. He is also charged with one count of theft scheme between $10,000 and $100,000 in a separate but related case from Monday, according to electronic court records.The alleged theft of classified documents by a former NSA contractor from Glen Burnie was "breathtaking" in its scope, federal authorities said in a new court filing Thursday — spanning information produced over two decades that detailed some of the country's most sensitive intelligence operations.Marilyn Rodriguez, 52, was charged with 12 counts related to the incident, including stealing another's credit card, possessing or using a false government ID and charging another's credit card.A five-year-old program in Maryland that lets cops compare images of unknown criminal suspects with millions of motor vehicle records using increasingly-advanced facial recognition software has come under fire from civil liberties advocates, who say such programs lack transparency and infringe on privacy rights.A Woodsboro woman has received a five-year sentence with all but one year suspended after pleading guilty to a felony theft scheme over $100,000.A Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 21 years in federal prison for robbing a Whiteford bank in 2015, telling investigators afterward he needed the money to pay restitution owned from a prior robbery conviction.
A police officer was shot Wednesday night in South Baltimore, police said.
The officer suffered a non-life threatening injury, Baltimore police said onDeputies arrested all four people after seeing them pushing three dirtbikes down a driveway in Manchester and into a minivan.Across busy Hillen Road from Morgan State University there stands a worn brick wall — a vestige of the era when the school's mostly white neighbors wanted to keep its black students out of their community.A man suspected of committing three armed robberies in Harford County was charged Tuesday night after he barricaded himself in an Edgewood home for about 3 1/2 hours earlier in the day, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said.The "Gotham" episode “Mad City: Look Into My Eyes" makes some political references that hit too close to home, and introduces new villain Mad Hatter.Linda Michele Blackwell, 27, pleaded guilty to one count of theft between $10,000 and $100,000. She was sentenced 15 years, with all but 10 years and six months suspended.Moses, 78, has gone missing for more than two weeks. His owner, 83-year-old Gloria Todd of Catonsville, believes her pet turtle was stolen from her yard.Law enforcement officials say an alarming pattern is driving the highest rate of robberies in Baltimore in years: Roving groups of armed teenagers, working around the clock and across Baltimore, brazenly targeting victims for cash, cellphones and other belongings.When two Baltimore County police officers arrived at 21-year-old Tawon Boyd’s Middle River home on Sept. 18, something was wrong with him.A Baltimore County woman has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the shooting death of her husband, whose body was found behind an Elks Lodge in the Long Bar Harbor area of Abingdon in August 2015.