the carlyle group
- Synagro Technologies, a Baltimore-based waste management company, faces grass roots opposition to its application to spread industrial waste as fertilizer over farms in seven Virginia counties. As a result of the backlash, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality has delayed signing off on Synagro's plans.
- The Annapolis-based aerospace technology firm Arinc, Inc., which employs hundreds of people in Anne Arundel County, will be sold for $1.39 billion under an acquisition agreement announced Sunday.
- Rockwell Collins Inc, a supplier of avionics and other electronic systems for commercial and military aircraft, has agreed to buy aerospace communications firm Arinc Inc for $1.39 billion from the Carlyle Group LP .
- A bankruptcy filing by Synagro Technologies Inc. on Wednesday means growth and new jobs for the Baltimore area as the waste recycler consolidates, making its sole headquarters in White Marsh.
- Television executive Peter Liguori was named the new chief executive of Tribune Co. Thursday, taking the reins of the reorganized Chicago-based media company weeks after its emergence from bankruptcy.
- One of Baltimore's most prominent developers is facing two lawsuits for unpaid bills relating to long-stalled projects on the shores of the Middle Branch of the Patapsco River.