- Temptations are everywhere at Mount Vernon Marketplace, Baltimore's newest ode to gastronomy. It's essentially a big food court without the mall — and with better options.
- Each year, students from across the state converge on Liberty High School to put their brains to the test in the annual Central Maryland Physics Olympics.
- The Sakais, who celebrated their 68th birthdays five days apart earlier this year, have collected more than 150 table tennis championships between them, including together in mixed doubles.
- Jordan Spieth's extended courtship by Under Armour provides a high-profile example of how the Baltimore-based sports apparel company scouts potential endorsers, often targeting young up-and-comers, and how it pays off.
- Boyd's Crystal Wang, 12, became the youngest-ever player to reach the men's or women's singles final at the USA National Table Tennis Championships, held this month in Las Vegas, according to USA Table Tennis historian Tim Boggan.