- Alex Ovechkin scored twice as the Washington Capitals won their fourth straight game in the series, 6-3, eliminating the Columbus Blue Jackets and setting up an Eastern Conference semifinal series with the two-time-defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Nicklas Backstrom scored his second goal of the game 11:53 into overtime to give the Washington Capitals a 4-3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on
- A winner was determined in regulation for the first time in the NHL Eastern Conference quarterfinal series as the Washington Capitals won their second straight game to pull even with the Columbus Blue Jackets at two games apiece.
- The Capitals blew a two-goal lead for the third straight game. They went to overtime for a third straight game. This time, they won.
- The Blue Jackets have stunned the Metropolitan Division-champion Washington Capitals with back-to-back overtime wins.
- Artemi Panarin scored 6:02 into overtime to give the Blue Jackets a 4-3 victory over the Capitals on Thursday night in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series.
- With an eye on returning to New York for the Grade 2 Wood Memorial on April 8, M M G Stables' multiple Grade 3 winner El Areeb breezed Thursday at Laurel Park for trainer Cal Lynch.
- Loyola Maryland ranked tied for third out of 351 NCAA Division I schools in the organization's latest Graduation Success Rate report published Tuesday.
- Cam Atkinson and Fedor Tyutin each had a goal and an assist to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals in the NHL on Tuesday night.