- As the Orioles search for a top executive stretches on, the work former Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington did in building the 2018 World Series champion should stand out for how he ran a complete organization before his dismissal.
- While the Orioles are to be commended for transitioning seamlessly to shortstop Tim Beckham from J.J. Hardy, there's perilously little depth behind him and second baseman Jonathan Schoop.
- The Yankees' Aaron Judge hits two home runs in a 14-3 victory Sunday, giving him eight against the Orioles this season.
- The Orioles acquired minor league infielder Ruben Tejada from the New York Yankees in exchange for cash considerations, the team announced Sunday.
- Orioles infielder Ryan Flaherty will likely need more than a week to get back from his right shoulder strain after a PRP injection.
- Ryan Flaherty went on the disabled list with a right shoulder strain as the Orioles added Paul Janish, who starts Sunday.
- The Orioles have a week left in camp to make all their big Opening Day decisions on their Rule 5 picks, Trey Mancini, and their fifth starter.
With barely a look back,
Oriolescenter fielder Adam JonesA second-string Orioles lineup had a terrible time with Tampa Bay’s World Baseball Classic-bound ace Chris Archer and the Rays’ pitchers in general Saturday,Right-hander Steve Johnson, a Baltimore native and former star at St. Paul’s, is back with the Orioles on a minor league deal.The travel squad that the Orioles sent to Clearwater this afternoon to face the Philadelphia Phillies is unmistakably devoid of star power.Adam Jones swung at the first pitch he saw on Sunday and the ball was never seen again. His solo homer to left might still be up there. It was last spottedGabriel Ynoa allowed a run on three hits and struck out one over two innings in the Orioles’ 6-2 loss to the Pirates at LECOM Park.
Five spring trainings ago,
Manny Machadoand Jonathan SchoopOrioles catcher Welington Castillo leaving for the WBC could mean a longer, more impactful spring for top prospect Chance Sisco.The O's announce the return of former infielder Robert Andino, signing the 32-year-old to a minor league deal with a major league spring training invitation.Angel McCoughtry (St. Frances) scored 37 points and the Atlanta Dream beat the visiting Seattle Storm, 94-85, on Wednesday night in a single-elimination WNBA playoff game.Orioles manager Buck Showalter said he wanted to get right-handed hitter Delmon Young into the lineup. Young had made just four starts in June, the last coming June 15. He had just one at-bat during the past road trip, a pinch-hit homer Monday at Tampa Bay.After right-hander Eddie Gamboa closed out the Orioles' 7-6 Grapefruit League win over the Pittsburgh Pirates at McKechnie Field on Monday, catcher Johnny Monell gave the knuckleballer a high five and a catcher's mitt.BRADENTON, Fla. ¿ Orioles manager Buck Showalter is considering opening the season with a short bench in order at keep a 13th pitcher on the Opening Day roster.With a masterful, 6-0 victory over the Boston Red Sox on Friday night that snapped a three-game losing streak for the Orioles, the 25-year-old Tillman (13-3) became the first Oriole since lefty Erik Bedard in 2007 to win at least 13 games in a season. He¿s the first to hit the mark in July since Sidney Ponson won No. 13 on July 10, 2003.Playing against the Orioles has to be viewed as just another game, Seattle Mariners infielder Robert Andino said before the teams' three-game series at Safeco Field kicked off.The Orioles had a pretty good sense as to what they were going to see against former teammate Joe Saunders on Monday night. They had no idea what they could expect from their own starting pitcher.Catcher Chris Snyder, whom the Orioles acquired Sunday from the Los Angeles Angels in a deal for minor league right-hander Rob Delaney, was at Safeco Field on Monday, but he has not been activated.The Baltimore sports scene is blessed with a bunch of talented bloggers who bring their unique perspective to the conversation. This week, we exchanged emails with Daniel Moroz, who blogs about the Baltimore Orioles for his blog, Camden Crazies.Chris Tillman has been put on the 15-day disabled list with left abdominal strain retroactive to March 22. He will be able to come off the DL on April 6 and pitch the Orioles' fifth game of the season against the Minnesota Twins.Orioles outfielder Trayvon Robinson is the first major leaguer since Darryl Strawberry to come out of Crenshaw High in South Central Los Angeles.Trayvon Robinson suited up for the first time as an Oriole on Saturday and took part in the first official full-squad workout, but the outfielder had hoped to be in camp a lot earlier after being acquired in the November deal that sent infielder Robert Andino to the Seattle Mariners.