r michael gill
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is appointing former Delegate Kelly Schulz to lead Maryland’s commerce department after the departure of Michael Gill, who is leaving for a job in the private sector. Schulz is currently the head of the state Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
- When Gov. Larry Hogan appointed R. Michael Gill to be the new head of the state's Department of Business and Economic Development, it was not the first time Gill had taken on a public role.
- Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber holds its 68th annual meeting with R. Michael Gill, Secretary, Department of Business and Economic Development for the state of Maryland as the keynote speaker.
- The General Assembly's top leaders came together with Hogan administration officials Monday to call for passage of a package of bills intended to improve Maryland's business climate.
- A Senate committee recommended confirmation of Gov. Larry Hogan's pick to be economic development secretary Monday. But the panel put off voting on five other Cabinet nominees for a week to study them more.
- Business advocates said they were relieved that cuts to Maryland economic development programs weren't deeper in Gov. Larry Hogan's first budget.