overstock com incorporated
- Baltimore startup Bitsie is seeking to boost uptake of digital currency bitcoin, beyond local businesses like bar Bad Decisions.
- State financial regulators and the attorney general issued a warning Friday about bitcoin and other virtual currencies, saying buyers — and sellers — should be wary.
- Inside a drab computer lab at the Johns Hopkins University, a team of researchers is trying to build something that has never existed before: a digital currency that changes hands completely in secret. Its name is Zerocoin.
- When Amazon.com opens a huge distribution center next year in Southeast Baltimore, consumers across the state who buy books, electronics, toys or anything else from the online seller will no longer be able to avoid the state's 6 percent sales tax on those purchases.
- The Orioles saved Maryland from an almost totally dismal sports weekend. They were down 2-0 early in Sunday¿s series finale against the Oakland A¿s at Network Associates Overstock.com Oakland-Alameda County Stadium, but came back to avert a three-game sweep and notch their 82nd victory ¿ officially making this the first winning season since 1997.
- Like other states, Maryland looks to closing the tax loophole that has allowed Internet companies like Amazon.com to avoid charging a sales tax