- The Fox telecast of the Baltimore Ravens¿ loss Sunday was far from perfect, but what a vast improvement over any coverage provided this season by CBS Sports.
- Each week during the football season, I write about the Ravens telecasts on my blog and in the Monday paper. And each Monday and Tuesday, network publicists, executives and announcers, directors and producers write or call and say I am being too harsh.
- It doesn't happen often, but Sunday the guys in the CBS broadcast booth got it mostly right in their keys-to-the-game talking points just before kickoff. Give them credit for that in their call of the Ravens 23-20 victory over the Miami Dolphins Sunday.
- Baltimore Ravens fans can¿t help but feel frustrated, angry and maybe even sick about what they saw on their TV screens Sunday during a 31-28 loss to Washington. But let¿s be fair, you can¿t blame most of that on lousy coverage by CBS Sports this week.
- I cannot remember watching a football telecast and learning less than I did from the CBS crew Sunday in the Baltimore Ravens 25-15 win over the Cleveland Browns.
- Ten days ago, I asked on the blog if the 2011 Orioles season could get any worse. Nine losses, 75 runs allowed and one demotion of Zach Britton later, the answer is a resounding yes -- a Marv Albert-type yes.