marjory stoneman douglas high school
- Now that we’ve rightfully paused to reflect upon the first anniversary of the shocking violence at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., last year, perhaps we could also spare a moment to consider the violence Baltimore children face every day.
- The meeting followed one held three weeks ago to address concerns at Towson High School after an unfounded school shooting threat.
- As school systems across the country debate arming staff, Gov. Larry Hogan and the St. Mary’s County Sheriff praised the actions of the school resource officer who fired at a gunman at Great Mills High School.
- The Orioles announced Wednesday that they will be wearing the caps of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School baseball team, the Stoneman Douglas Eagles, on Friday during both pregame activities and the 1:05 p.m. game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Ed Smith Stadium.
- Cara Loughran, a student killed in the mass shooting, was an Irish dancer at the Drake School, where Collins also studied Irish dance.
- President Donald Trump says we must do something after the Broward high school shooting. But he won't even mention the obvious: Restricting access to the guns that made this and so many other tragedies possible.