- The Maryland women’s basketball team received the No. 3 seed in the Albany Regional in the NCAA tournament and will open against No. 14 seed Radford in College Park on Saturday at 11 a.m.
- John Harbaugh declined to say whether Joe Flacco has been cleared to practice, offering only that the longtime starter is "progressing very well."
- After Lamar Jackson's debut at Louisville, critics wondered how much of a rushing workload he could handle. He ended up winning the Heisman Trophy.
- In a league that values excellence under center above all else, here’s where Ravens first-round pick Lamar Jackson might fit in.
- When Lamar Jackson was taken No. 32 overall in the draft this year, Ozzie Newsome acknowledged they were “building for the future” with the Heisman Trophy winner. But, he added, “In order for us to win this year, we need Joe Flacco.”
- St. Frances graduate Angel McCoughtry says she is in a better place. And with her back in the Atlanta lineup after taking a year off from the WNBA, so are the Dream.
- Ben Reeves, Lucas Cotler and Matt Gaudet each scored three goals to lift the host No. 5 Yale men's lacrosse team to a 14-6 win over No. 2 Albany on Sunday.
- Brendan Bomberry (two goals) scored the game-winner on an assist from Brendan Curry (two goals) with 3:08 left in overtime to lift No. 7 Syracuse in a 13-12
- Brendan Bomberry, Nate Solomon and Jamie Trimboli each scored two goals and Dom Madonna made 13 saves to lead No. 10 Syracuse to a 10-6 upset victory over No.
- Mikey Wynne (St. Paul's) scored the game-tying and go-ahead goals to lead No. 4 Notre Dame to a 9-7 come-from-behind victory over No. 9 Virginia Saturday night
- "It's a completely different world there, and for a long time, no one wanted to admit that," the former Terps coach said.
- Junior Kylie Ohlmiller broke the NCAA Division I single-season points record with a six-point afternoon and senior Dorrien Van Dyke had a career-high seven
- Maryland's women's lacrosse team, the only undefeated team in Division I, earned the No. 1-seeded spot in the NCAA tournament for the fifth straight year when
- Emily Hawryschuk scored four goals and the No. 11 Syracuse women's lacrosse team earned a 13-12 upset of No. 2 North Carolina on Saturday.
- Destiny Slocum's deep 3 against West Virginia might have earned her national acclaim. But the freshman has been executing plays like that for Maryland all season.
- Ohio State junior wrestler Kyle Snyder of Woodbine beat Wisconsin's Connor Medbery, 6-3, to win his second straight NCAA heavyweight championship on Saturday night in St. Louis.
- Natalie Sulmonte scored two of her game-high five goals in the first half to lead No. 20 Towson to a 14-11 upset over No. 10 Notre Dame in women's lacrosse Wednesday.
Dylan Alderman and Josh Byrne each had a hat trick and
Hofstrastayed perfect and upset No. 4Sloane Kessler scored 1:10 into overtime to give visiting Elon (5-1) a 13-12 upset win against No. 19 Virginia Tech (6-2) on Wednesday.
Nick Mariano scored the game-winner with 1.6 seconds left to play to complete a comeback as No. 6
SyracuseHigh Ridge Road kept her perfect record at Laurel Park intact with a dramatic neck victory over Grade 1 winner By the Moon in the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie on Saturday at Laurel Park.Both Aberdeen stars tore their ACL in their senior year of high school. They're reunited at last on No. 4 Maryland.
COLLEGE PARK — The elevator pitch for the two-hour show would get it a meeting with most cable networks: Revenge. Mentor versus mentee. All-American aMaryland trailed for much of the game, grew frustrated by its miscues and needed to make key plays down the stretch under pressure.After four lopsided victories to begin the season, the sixth-ranked Maryland women's basketball team is set for a significant upgrade in opponents over the next week. The stretch of three straight games against Power Five schools starts today, when the Terps face No. 23 Arizona State in the first round of the South Point Shootout in Las Vegas.Will Maryland’s 76-75 comeback win Tuesday night that saw the Terps come from nine points down in the final 2:21 trigger another interruption in the rivalry?Stephen Kelly (Calvert Hall) scored the go-ahead goal and cousin Patrick Kelly (Calvert Hall) added one for insurance to help the No. 13 North Carolina men'sAll-America attackman Dylan Molloy scored four of his game-high five goals in the second half to rally No. 4 Brown to a 14-12 win over No. 2 Yale on Saturday.Connor Cannizzaro scored the winning goal with 2:58 to play to lift the No. 4 Denver men's lacrosse team (9-1, 2-0 Big East Conference) to a 12-11 victory over visiting No. 18 Villanova (6-4, 0-2) in snowy conditions Saturday.Maryland men¿s basketball coach Mark Turgeon knows firsthand how good the two teams in Monday¿s NCAA tournament final are.Cami Whiteford (Severn) brought host Loyola Maryland (6-5) to within a goal with 15:11 left to play, but No. 11 Princeton (6-2) prevailed, 8-7, in women's lacrosse Wednesday.The Penn State men's lacrosse team ended a 20-game Denver winning streak, upsetting the top-ranked Pioneers (7-1), 15-10, to capture the Patriot Cup at Southern Methodist's Gerald Ford Stadium in Dallas on Saturday.Sammie Knapp (Loch Raven) scored with just one second left in overtime to lift the Mount St. Mary's women's lacrosse team past visiting Manhattan, 8-7, on Saturday.