london school of economics
- Michael Rosenbaum uses "big data" to help companies make smarter hiring decisions, often challenging their intuition about who would make a good employee.
- George W. Hilton, a retired college professor who specialized in transportation economics whose definitive books on railroads and shipping also included the seminal history of the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad, died Aug. 4 at Lorien Health Park in Columbia. He was 89.
- John W. Dorsey, former chancellor of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, who later returned to the classroom where he taught economics, died Monday of respiratory failure at his Laurel home. He was 78.
- Asked to confirm a decision by state health secretary Joshua Sharfstein to fire county health officer Angela Wakhweya, the Anne Arundel County Council votes to postpone the matter until its next meeting Jan. 22.
- Dr. Angela Wakhweya began her medical career in her native Uganda, at the height of the AIDS epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa, where she saw many patients, friends and even some family members succumb to the deadly disease.