leprechauns legendary entities
- Bar-crawlers weren't waiting until it was officially March 17 to hit the town, and the night before St. Patrick's Day kept Bel Air bars busy with green-clad revelers.
- Four designated public shelters were stocked with a two-week supply of survival items supplied by the civil defense director. Employees of Harford Memorial Hospital along with the county highway department and assisted by high school boys, loaded more than 6,000 pounds of food, water drums, medical and sanitation kits to the following shelters: Aberdeen High School, Harford Memorial Hospital, the County Health Department and Slate Ridge Elementary School.
- Happy St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, March 17. Remember to wear something green and declare your "Irishness." March is Irish-American Heritage Month. Erin go bragh! March is a time to remember the many ways that America is enriched and strengthened by contributions from people of Irish heritage
- Roads in Rodgers Forge and Gaywood to be resurfaced, Sundays at Central Concert features The Philmore Ensemble at it sMarch 17 concert, Hilary Hahn performed recently at New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Ron Ladue inherited a football program that was not expected to win. But Ladue's teams did win and changed the expectations for Laurel High. By the time he left coaching after the 1972 season, Ladue had established himself as the school's best football coach up to that point. His tenure set the standard and, to this day, his record at Laurel High stands up with the best in school history. Delaney's Irish Pizza Pub opened in 1970 in the Montpelier Plaza with a new gimmick: Sammy Ross, a 4-foot