- The Howard County Math Festival, complete with presentations, demonstrations and workshops for students of all ages was held Tuesday at Centennial High School
- About 800 people turned out for a panel discussing black student achievement in Howard County. The panel included Howard County Superintendent Renee Foose, State Superintendent Lillian Lowery and Executive Director of Harvard University's Center for Education Policy Research Jon Fullerton.
- The proposed restructuring of County Council boundaries to move a few Ellicott City neighborhoods from District 1 to District 2 sparked a heated debate Monday, Nov. 7 between residents, council members and Redistricting Commission members.
- The Howard County Council should reject a committee's recommendation to put Ellicott City's Wheatfield neighborhood in a Columbia council district
- The Councilmanic Redistricting Commission Wednesday, Oct. 5, in a 4-3 vote along party lines, selected a map to send to the County Council that makes changes to all five existing council districts.
- The club will encourage and endorse candidates for elected and appointed positions, adopt positions on ballot questions and other issues and work to increase voter registration and turnout.