- Dylan Bundy was responsible for most of the Orioles’ big early deficit in a 16-5 loss to the New York Mets on Wednesday night, allowing seven runs on 11 hits before turning the game over to the bullpen.
- Behind seven shutout innings for Dylan Bundy against an offense with as many problems as their own, the Orioles beat the Mets, 1-0, to take the two-game series at Citi Field.
- In his 10th start with the club, Alex Cobb finally showed himself to be the pitcher the Orioles signed him to be.
- The 41-year-old Bartolo Colon has been baffling hitters going on 18 years, doing it in several different uniforms over his career, and on Tuesday night, he made history by beating the Orioles 3-2 at Citi Field in front of an announced crowd of 20,534.
- As the Orioles open their two-game interleague series tonight, Jimmy Paredes, who has been the designated hitter in 11 of his 12 starts this season, will start at second base.