- Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome epitomizes the romance of horse racing, the belief that any man can throw his money behind the right horse and come up a king.
- Rival trainers all say California Chrome is the best horse in the Belmont Stakes. But there are threatening contenders who could derail a Triple Crown bid.
- Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome drew the No. 2 post position for the Belmont Stakes and was named a 3-5 favorite on the morning line.
- The field for the Preakness on May 17 is already taking shape, with Kentucky Derby champion California Chrome likely to face several threats he did not encounter Saturday at Churchill Downs.
- After a prep season that saw several would-be contenders fall by the wayside because of injuries or flat performances, California Chrome emerged as a consensus favorite heading to Kentucky.