- Old Mill alumnus Josh Hader's path to All-Star Game took him through an unrealized hometown dream with the Orioles and through three organizations.
- Richard Bleier has been among baseball's best relievers all season, and with two shutout innings Wednesday has been part of seven of the Orioles' 10 wins.
- The Orioles decided to add ahead of Monday's trade deadline, but so did many of the American League's contenders.
- Ravens left tackle Eugene Monroe has missed nearly half the team's games over the past two seasons, battling knee and ankle injuries in 2014, the concussion he sustained in the opening game of 2015 and the shoulder injury that ended his season.
- The Orioles staked the Toronto Blue Jays to a five-run lead by the second inning Wednesday, but they stormed back with five solo homers and eventually won, 6-5.