j p crawford
- The Orioles jumped out to a three-run lead in the first inning on Friday night and then the bullpen got hammered again.
- Orioles shortstop Manny Machado said Wednesday in Philadelphia that he wants to play for a contending team and play shortstop as he was questioned on whether he'd like to play for the host Phillies.
- Just because it's Memorial Day doesn't mean Orioles shortstop Manny Machado will be traded in the next days, weeks or months.
- Orioles right-hander Kevin Gausman struck out five in three perfect innings against a first-choice Philadelphia Phillies lineup Saturday, and came away encouraged as much by his delivery as the results.
- Yovani Gallardo hasn't been an Oriole for long — just two weeks to be exact — but manager Buck Showalter already liked what he had seen well before the veteran right-hander took the mound for his first spring training appearance with his new team Wednesday afternoon against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Despite being in their 23rd season, the Bowie Baysox lack much of a playoff history. The Orioles' Double-A affiliate never even won a postseason series until beating Altoona in an Eastern League semifinal last week. That's why Game 3 of the Eastern League championship series with Reading on Thursday night meant so much to the organization — it was the first time the Baysox ever hosted a game in the title series. But Reading ruined the party, taking command early and rolling to a 9-3 win.