- Hurricane Maria swept over the small island of Dominica with catastrophic Category 5 winds overnight, starting a charge into the eastern Caribbean that
- A strengthening Hurricane Maria is approaching Caribbean islands still recovering from Hurricane Irma, while Hurricane Jose passes just off of Maryland’s Atlantic coast, bringing dangerous surf.
- The effects of Hurricane Jose will barely register in Baltimore as it tracks north and diminishes into a tropical storm in the Atlantic this coming week, while Ocean City could feel it more.
- Forecasters have been watching Hurricane Jose's track for a possible hit to the East Coast, but the latest forecasts show the storm weakening and keeping off shore.
- The remnants of Irma will track into the Ohio Valley, sparing Maryland from most of the hurricane’s wind and rain, said Andrew Snyder, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.