- Chance Graham became the 15th Eagles player to record 1,000 career points in Coppin State's 85-59 win over Delaware State on Monday night.
- Alex Long sank a pair of free throws with under a minute to go that gave Norfolk State the lead for good in a 75-74 win over host Morgan State on Saturday.
- Kent Auslander scored 18 points in 18 minutes off the bench, hitting all four of his 3-point attempts, to help Coppin State beat visiting Bethune-Cookman, 95-91, in men’s basketball Monday night.
- Zach Thomas notched his 14th double-double of the season with 27 points and 11 rebounds and top-seeded Bucknell survived upset-minded No. 8 seed Loyola
- Tiwian Kendley scored 24 points to lead the visiting Morgan State men's basketball team to a 74-48 win over Florida A&M on Monday night.
- Logan McIntosh scored 13 points Monday night and hit two free throws with 6.4 seconds left to help host UMES end a seven-game skid, 62-61 over Florida A&M.
- Jairus Lyles scored seven 3-pointers for 34 points and host UMBC defeated Maine, 86-74, Saturday and closed out the RAC Arena on a high note, winning 11
- Mike Morsell scored 18 points as Towson beat Penn, 79-71, in a semifinal of the Florida Gulf Coast Showcase at Estero, Fla., in men's basketball Tuesday night.
Tyler Jones scored 23 points, Logan McIntosh hit the game-winning layup with 12 seconds to go, and No. 5
UMESChas Brown scored 22 points to lead five players in double figures as the host Coppin State men's basketball team beat Delaware State, 83-75, on Monday night.John Wall had 25 points, seven rebounds and seven assists, Bradley Beal added 20 points and the host Wizards used a second-half spurt to beat the 76ers, 109-93, on Saturday night.In a span of a few possessions early in the second half, Maryland freshman Kevin Huerter helped turn a relatively close game against Howard into a rout.The Georgetown men's basketball team removed any potential drama down the stretch against a second straight winless opponent from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, overwhelming Coppin State early for a 96-44 victory Wednesday night.The Bears (1-2, 1-0) got a touchdown with 34.8 seconds remaining by sophomore Eric Harrell, the first of his college career, to defeat visiting Howard (0-4, 0-2), 28-24, in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game at Hughes Stadium on Saturday night.First-year coach DJ Durkin knew his Maryland football team had plenty of room for improvement when going to play Florida International on Friday night, even if it didn't appear that way to many Terps fans after the team's season-opening win over Howard.Imani Bailey certainly saved the best for last as a basketball player at Howard University. The Laurel resident has played for three different head coaches with the Bison and overcame a hip injury as a sophomore to become one of the top scorers this season as a senior for Howard, a Division I program in the nation's capital.Mike Morsell scored a career-high 34 points on 11-for-17 shooting from the field to lead Towson past William & Mary, 99-82, on Saturday, creating a three-way tie for third place in the Colonial Athletic Association.Keith Coutreyer had spent 13 seasons as a basketball coach at Laurel High, with the last eight as the head coach of the Spartans varsity boys team. But the long-time Laurel resident had a decision to make in 2008 when Kevin Nickelberry was named the head men's coach at Division I Hampton University in Virginia.As the lone defender under the Laurel High basket junior Kirk Hawkins braced himself as Bowie High began a three-on-one fastbreak against the host Spartans.Brian Darden scored a career-high 23 points and visiting Hampton crushed Morgan State, 93-65, in a nationally televised conference game Monday.Rakeem Christmas scored 18 points and had nine rebounds to lead host Syracuse to a 70-37 victory over visiting Loyola Maryland on Tuesday night.Chris Moller made a 38-yard field goal with 28 seconds left in the game to lift Morgan State to a 38-35 victory over Howard in the New York Urban League Football Classic in East Rutherford, N.J.Lafayette had four players finish in double figures Monday and pulled away late in the second half to beat eighth-seeded Loyola Maryland, 84-71, and advance to the Patriot League tournament quarterfinals.Visiting Coppin State scored 45 points in the first half, but 19 turnovers undid the Eagles, and Florida A&M went on to win, 83-80, Saturday night in women's basketballMike Burwell scored a career-high 23 points for Towson and Jerrelle Benimon had his NCAA-leading 17th double double in an 85-70 win over William & Mary on Saturday.UMBC Freshman Taylor McCarley finished with season-bests in points (18) and rebounds (eight), and Bridget O'Donnell matched a program record with seven blocks, but a late 11-2 run propelled Vermont to a 63-59 victory Saturday.Stevie Taylor's three-point play with three seconds left lifts Ohio over host Morgan State, 65-62, in men's basketball Wednesday night.Playing with the quarterback duo of Robert Council and Moses Skillon, the offense produced just one touchdown and committed four turnovers as the visiting Bears fell, 28-14, to Howard before an announced 7,053 at William H. Greene Stadium here.After an 0-5 start that included a loss to Norfolk State in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference opener, Morgan State has won two straight and put itself back into the conversation in the league race.Morgan State quarterback Seth Higgins' availability for road game against Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference rival Howard Saturday is unclear