- As the Baltimore Orioles and Ravens try to work out a scheduling conflict that has put in jeopardy the NFL's hopes of opening up the regular season on Thursday, Sept. 5 at M&T Bank Stadium, the relationship between the two downtown neighbors has again come under scrutiny.
- Ravens free agent safety Ed Reed has left the Houston Texans' offices without agreeing to terms as he completed his two-day visit, according to league sources with knowledge of the deal.
- Whether the Baltimore Ravens re-sign future Hall-of-Fame free safety Ed Reed or let him sign elsewhere, the decision will cost them in one way or another.
- Every week, I hope to bring you a quick Q&A with someone who covers the Ravens' opponent that week. On Sunday, the Ravens will take on the Houston Texans in Houston. Stephanie Stradley blogs about the Texans for The Houston Chronicle, and she was kind enough to answer a few of questions heading into the game.
- Rice linebacker Cameron Nwosu will change his number this season to honor former Owl O.J. Brigance, who won a Super Bowl with the Ravens in 2001 and is now the Ravens¿ senior adviser to player development.