- A Twitter poll created by Rep. Eric Swalwell regarding a gun buyback program saw 79% of respondents say "No. We Love Guns > Kids."
- California Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell held a roundtable discussion about gun violence reduction with Baltimore nonprofit leaders and activists Friday.
- Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell says he's going to run for president on a platform of gun control. How has he voted on the issue during his six years in the U.S. House of Representatives?
- University of Maryland alumnus Eric Swalwell, a four-term San Francisco Bay Area congressman who has grown into a cable TV fixture as a slashing and unremitting critic of President Donald Trump, formally announced Monday his long-shot bid for the 2020 Democratic nomination.
- A Johns Hopkins Hospital surgeon joined other doctors on Capitol Hill in recounting harrowing stories of the effects of gun violence. It's part of an effort to compel congressional action and take issue with a recent National Rifle Association assertion that doctors should "stay in their lane."
- As Martin O'Malley sought to pick up the pieces Tuesday from his suspended presidential campaign, his supporters were beginning to speculate about exactly what that future might look like, and whether the former two-term Maryland governor would have a voice in politics, or even another run for office.