- Murder, perfectionism, family stress and sometimes— in the midst of it all — triumph over struggles, are what Venus Theatre's productions are made of for the upcoming 2013 season.
- In this new year, we're enjoying memories from last year's highlights on Anne Arundel's theater scene - and looking forward to encore performances in 2013.
- The University System of Maryland is participating in a pilot program combining massive open online courses with traditional classroom instruction. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recently awarded $1.4 million to nonprofit research group Ithaka S+R to study how the state's university system could incorporate the increasingly popular online courses
- The melody of the president's voice, the intensity of his movements gripped Jeremy Brickey's attention, cutting through the monotony of freshman orientation at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Bay's current production is William Luce's 1976 biographical play "The Belle of Amherst," a one-woman depiction of the life of 19th century American poet Emily Dickinson from about age 15 until her death.
- Bay Theatre founder Janet Luby could not conceal her delight as she announced that the first celebratory event of the coming season, a fashion show and fundraiser, had sold out nearly two months in advance.