- It wasn't the usual shower of home runs, but the outcome remained the same. The Yankees ran their winning streak at Oriole Park to 12 with a 6-5 victory.
- Rio Ruiz faced a four-man outfield in the Orioles' previous series against the Tampa Bay Rays, and with the Rays visiting Camden Yards for a series this weekend, it’s possible he’ll see it again. Ruiz emphasized the key to succeeding against such a shift is to avoid changing his approach.
- For the second straight game, all of the Yankees' runs against the Orioles came via home runs as New York won 6-4 on Saturday at Camden Yards to take the series.
- The Orioles did so much that defined what made them successful on the road in their home opener Thursday at Camden Yards, but the shaky bullpen didn't execute its part in an 8-4 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Saturday's Orioles win showed that it wouldn't be impossible. Sunday's 7-5 win over the New York Yankees only confirmed that it wouldn't be easy, either.
- The Orioles try to win the first series of the season as they take on the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.