derrick williams basketball
- Defenseman Mike Green signed a three-year, $18 million contract with the Detroit Red Wings, according to reports, formally closing the door on his tenure with the Washington Capitals.
- Randy Edsall and the Maryland football coaching staff face the same challenge every year: How do you get a top prospect from Maryland or Washington, D.C., to stay home rather than choose a bigger, more prestigious football program
- And it all started with a passing idea. Late last month, Mike Parker, brand director for Under Armour basketball, talked to Jennings about uniting the six NBA players signed with Under Armour for a three-day photo shoot in Baltimore.
- Brandon Jennings (Milwaukee Bucks), Kemba Walker (Charlotte Bobcats), former Terps star Greivis Vasquez (New Orleans Hornets), DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers) and Derrick Williams (Minnesota Timberwolves) will lead the UA pros team against a B'more Finest squad.
- NBA players sponsored by Baltimore-based Under Armour will be sporting their professional jerseys in upcoming ad campaigns for Under Armour footwear, under a partnership between the company and the National Basketball Association.
- Under Armour, which has built itself from a basement startup to a billion-dollar enterprise, wasn't always able to afford the big endorsement deals of its more established competitors. So, the company instead turns to up and coming athletes to push its brand.