- Shooting guard Will Barton is one of a few members of the Denver Nuggets' roster, coaching staff and front office with roots in Baltimore.
- John Wall had a hand in 10 of Washington's final 14 points and finished with 27 points and 14 assists as the Wizards tied their NBA Eastern Conference quarterfinal series at 2-all.
- DeMar DeRozan matched his career playoff-high with 37 points and the Toronto Raptors beat the Washington Wizards, 130-119, on Tuesday night, taking a 2-0 lead in a playoff series for the first time in franchise history.
- Former Arundel baseball coach Bernie Walter is among 11 individuals selected for the 2017 class of the National High School Hall of Fame administered by the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Reporter Eduardo A. Encina, who covers the Orioles for The Baltimore Sun, has been named a first-time winner of the Maryland Sportswriter of the Year award by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
- The Johns Hopkins football team, ranked seventh in Division III, scored on six of its seven first-half possessions to build a 38-0 halftime lead and defeated visiting Gettysburg, 54-14, on Friday night to set a Centennial Conference record with its 34th straight league victory.