- For the first time, members of the Stevenson cross country teams are planning to attend the Baltimore Running Festival to support their coach.
- The heat and humidity couldn’t prevent veteran runner Dave Berdan from capturing his third straight Arbutus Firecracker 10K race on Independence Day.
- Patrick Hearn, a Sykesville native and graduate of Glenelg High and the University of Maryland, won the Baltimore Marathon for the first time Saturday.
- Nobody knows who will cross the finish line first at the 34th annual Arbutus Firecracker 10K, which kicks off a day of Fourth of July holiday festivities.
- f there were a Hall of Fame for Arbutus Firecracker 10K runners, Dave Berdan would be a charter members. Berdan, 34, dodged the raindrops and soaked up the humidity to win the 33rd annual race, which began and ended at Arbutus Middle School on Saturday. The top female runner was Alex Wang, 23, of Baltimore City, a 2009 graduate of Centennial High School. She ran the course in a time of 37:06.