- Reserves Xavier Avery and Steve Tolleson both hit two-run homers off Phillies reliever Ernesto Frieri as part of a five-run fourth inning. Garabez Rosa hit a game-tying homer and Ryan Flaherty scored on a wild pitch in the ninth as the Orioles won their exhibition finale, 8-7, over the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
- As Hyun Soo Kim's hitless streak grew to 21 at-bats following an 0-for-3 outing in the Orioles' 8-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday afternoon, the club is remaining hopeful that the South Korean outfielder will break out of his early spring slump sooner than later. But it's growing evident that the Orioles are getting just as frustrated with Kim's struggles.
- Yovani Gallardo hasn't been an Oriole for long — just two weeks to be exact — but manager Buck Showalter already liked what he had seen well before the veteran right-hander took the mound for his first spring training appearance with his new team Wednesday afternoon against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Manager Buck Showalter brought much of his front-line batting order to Bright House Field on Wednesday, but the song remained the same.
- Orioles manager Buck Showalter said earlier this spring that infielder Everth Cabrera would likely see time in the outfield this spring, and Cabrera will make his first Grapefruit League start this afternoon, starting in center field and leading off against the Philadelphia Phillies at Bright House Field.
- SARASOTA, Fla. ¿ Orioles left-hander Zach Britton has put together a solid spring, but his one-inning relief outing on Wednesday afternoon against the Philadelphia Phillies was one to remember.