- Dan Connolly has been talking to several baseball people outside of the Orioles organization for the past week or so about the club's trade possibilities as the July 31 nonwaiver deadline approaches. And everyone basically says the same thing: Dan Duquette will do something.
- According to industry sources, the Orioles have been closely monitoring and gathering background information on Colorado Rockies veteran left-hander Jorge De La Rosa.
- With seven ballparks left on his journey, a man touring our great nation in search of the best ballpark hot dog gave the fare at Oriole Park at Camden Yards the highest ranking of his summer-long trip after taking in Tuesday night¿s loss to Chicago.
- Even though Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas were elected to the baseball Hall of Fame on Wednesday, those who are selected for induction sometimes are overshadowed by those who aren't.
- While many Orioles haven't had the chance to look through the outline of the proposed instant replay installation released by Major League Baseball on Thursday, some still feel the much-talked-about subject will ultimately be a positive for the game.