- 1.) The Ravens did not show up to play, a rarity for a John Harbaugh team. For all their talk of wanting to secure a 9-7 record, the Ravens did not look like
- The Blast allowed three straight goals spanning the end of the third quarter and early in the fourth in a 7-4 loss to the host Harrisburg Heat on Friday night in a Major Arena Soccer League Eastern Division game.
- Scrutiny on Ravens coach John Harbaugh, regarded by many around the league as one of the NFL's best, is as high as it has been in years.
- Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. announced he will pay tribute to his family and friends by wearing a special pair of purple cleats in Sunday's season
- Jalen Smith scored 18 points and Darryl Morsell had 14 points to lead No. 1 Mount Saint Joseph (13-0) to a 60-39 win over Palmetto (Fla.) at the Junior Orange Bowl Classic in Coral Gables, Fla.
- The months of rehabilitation to strengthen the area around his twice fractured and dislocated right hip challenged Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta physically. Not being able to play all of last season and most of the previous two years tested his faith and patience. The weight of the decision he faced last spring on whether to attempt another comeback consumed him.
- In an emotional news conference, Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith said that Sunday will likely be his last NFL game.
It was a year for brilliant individual performances from
Whether we're talkingThe Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum Annual Yard Sale will be Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon — or when the items sell out — in the rear courtyard at 216 Emory St.On Saturday, Will Likely will return to the field as one of 22 players Maryland will honor on senior day before its regular season finale against Rutgers.Keith Shivers' basket with 43 seconds left gave Coppin State its only lead of the game at 77-76 before a decisive three-point play.The Ravens offense has struggled despite the fact that it really hasn't gone against a top-notch defense. The Ravens won't again tonight.As much as the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers pride themselves on stingy defenses, physical play and AFC North titles, they do differ on how to develop wide receivers.I am a Baltimore sports fan. I put my heart and soul into our teams. I've allowed my fanaticism to influence — even dictate — major life decisions and have invested more time and money into the pastime than I care to share. I've shed tears over men in purple uniforms who are complete strangers to me. I'm that big a fan — I might even care more than the players. So when someone says "sports don't matter," I must respectfully disagree. They absolutely matter, and here's why:No team in the NFL has gone for it on fourth down more this season than John Harbaugh's Ravens. Dating to 2014, the Ravens have attempted a fourth-down conversion seven more times than any other team in the NFL.There is no pretense to throwing the football deep on offense. You either get a massive amount of yards in one shot and perhaps even a touchdown or nothing.As the season has gone along, this has increasingly become one of the most anticipated games in the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference. St. Frances has put together an exceptional start under Russell and much of the rest of the former Gilman coaching staff that moved over last spring. But have the Panthers come far enough to knock off the conference favorite?At this point last season, these two teams had won a combined three games, but now they're both contenders in what's shaping up to be a fierce Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference battle.The game is a spinoff of Under Armour's footwear marketing campaign "It Comes From Below," and a films starring Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.This is the first edition of the 7-on-7 drill, where I'll present seven lists of seven items to help keep track of the NFL season.At some point soon, the Ravens, who are enjoying good health, may have to make some really tough roster decisions.The Ravens had the 27th oldest roster in the NFL as of last week, and that was before they re-signed Justin Forsett and added Devin Hester.
COLLEGE PARK — For years, William Likely Jr. saw more than two dozen high school football players from Belle Glade, Fla., and surrounding rural communDennis Pitta, Brandon Williams, John Urschel highlight returning players to Ravens practice on SaturdayIt’s been widely assumed that Ryan Mallett has all but locked up the backup quarterback job, but Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said that Josh Johnson remainsGiven how much he’s already accomplished as a Raven, it’s easy to forget that inside linebacker C.J. Mosley is only in his third season in the NFL. Given the