- The Capitals blew a two-goal lead for the third straight game. They went to overtime for a third straight game. This time, they won.
- The Blue Jackets have stunned the Metropolitan Division-champion Washington Capitals with back-to-back overtime wins.
- Loyola Maryland ranked tied for third out of 351 NCAA Division I schools in the organization's latest Graduation Success Rate report published Tuesday.
- Cam Atkinson and Fedor Tyutin each had a goal and an assist to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals in the NHL on Tuesday night.
- Alex Ovechkin and Marcus Johansson each scored a pair of goals to lead the Washington Capitals to a 4-2 NHL win over the slumping Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday night.