- Not only was the fake CNN debate between Martin O'Malley and Rick Perry a sorry example of what political discourse has come to on the low road of cable news TV these days. It was also a ratings failure.
- Kathy Griffin's desperate efforts to get some shock buzz New Year's Eve on CNN were so obvious that I vowed I wouldn't write about her -- wouldn't write about her kissing Anderson Cooper's crotch and trying to make sure every viewer knew what she was doing.
- Paul Ryan being selected as Mitt Romney's GOP running mate was big news late Friday night, and no one on television did a better job of covering it on the fly than MSNBC. I can't believe I typed those words either.
- With Mitt Romney now officially President Obama's opponent, it truly appears to be game on at the Fox News channel -- at least, if this morning's "Fox & Friends" is any indication.Today's version of the morning show featured a four-minute-plus, anti-Obama video that resembled propaganda films from 1930's Europe more than it did responsible TV politics of today.
- I hate the unprecedented extent to which Fox News has involved itself in Republican politics, but the channel presented a first-class, rousing and illuminating debate among GOP candidates Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty Thursday night.