- Opening Day starter Chris Tillman, in his go-home start Wednesday before returning to Baltimore to begin the Orioles' season on Monday, finally turned in the type of start that reflects the kind of stuff he says he's had all spring. It came in a 2-1 loss to the Detroit Tigers that halted the Orioles' six-game unbeaten streak, on a night when the offense was uncharacteristically quiet. But all that matters to Tillman and anyone else in white Wednesday was getting this close to the end of spring
- Orioles right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez was pulled in the second inning of his spring debut Tuesday and was charged with allowing six runs over 1 1/3 innings.
- The Orioles hit two homers and then battered the Detroit Tigers bullpen for an eight-run eighth inning -- turning a one-run game into an all-out rout in a 12-3 win in Game 1 of the American League Division Series.
- Baltimore Sun reporter Dan Connolly breaks down the American League Division Series matchup between the Orioles and the Detroit Tigers.
- Bud Norris had to wait longer than last year to make his first of the regular season, but now that it is here, he couldn't be more psyched.