- We need to build on it to establish a true and equitable apprenticeship system in the United States. An apprenticeship system spanning business sectors would create more direct, intentional paths between job seekers and well-paying jobs.
- Banks and other financial firms tugged the stock market slightly lower Thursday as a mixed batch of economic reports and earnings results gave investors little reason to push the market up.
- Through a massive service-learning project that involved many community members and various organizations, students at Dunloggin Middle School spent the year raising oysters. Last month, they introduced about 750 live oysters into the Chesapeake Bay
- In a bid to boost recycling and reduce litter, a trio of lawmakers announced plans Monday to push for legislation that would levy a refundable nickel deposit on every beverage container sold in Maryland.
- Theodore K. Sanderson Jr., a retired Maryland Port Administration operations specialist who was also an avid outdoorsman, died Oct. 24 from complications of Alzheimer's disease at his Bird River home. He was 77.