- If there was any lesson within the Orioles’ unsettling 6-4 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Friday night, it was the damage that late-inning walks in close games can cause.
- The industry was watching what the Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays would do this winter because they are viewed as the potential new guard in the AL East with the New York Yankees aging, the Boston Red Sox rebuilding and the Tampa Bay Rays hampered by payroll.
- As the regular season winds down, the Orioles insist they aren't sneaking glances at the out-of-town scoreboard in right field of Camden Yards to see how the division-leading New York Yankees are doing.
- After his team thumped the Toronto Blue Jays in the first two games of this series, Orioles manager Buck Showalter worried about facing a "beehive" in Wednesday's finale at Rogers Centre.
- Joe Saunders held the Blue Jays scoreless for 5 2/3 innings Monday afternoon, helping the Orioles to a 4-0 shutout win over Toronto, snapping a four-game losing streak for the O¿s at the Rogers Centre.