Orioles (47-102) vs. Phillies (76-73)
Where: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
First pitch: 7:05 p.m.
TV/Radio: MASN/105.7 FM
Starting pitchers: Orioles LHP John Means (5-7, 3.41 ERA) vs. Phillies RHP Ranger Suarez (6-4, 1.50 ERA)
Latest Baltimore Orioles
- Orioles reset: Top prospect Adley Rutschman’s Triple-A success is impressing his big league teammates
- Trey Mancini provides late lead, but Orioles are swept out of Boston with 8-6 loss to Red Sox
- Orioles slugger Anthony Santander wants to be healthy and productive. He’s thinking about a diet change.
- Ramón Urías took roundabout route to majors before making most of opportunity with Orioles: ‘It’s been a good year for him’
- Healthy Austin Hays once again using September to showcase potential with Orioles
- Umpire kicks Orioles grounds crew off the field in ninth inning of game vs. Yankees
- Orioles’ Trey Mancini proud of finding balance in comeback season: ‘A year unlike any other’
- Trey Mancini selected as Orioles’ nominee for Roberto Clemente Award: ‘One of the greatest honors that I’ve received in my entire career’
- Orioles minor league report: Top pick Colton Cowser excelling at Delmarva; two more homers for Adley Rutschman
- Orioles reset: As O’s reach new depths, nothing in rebuild is guaranteed — not even a top draft pick in 2022
- Orioles prospect Zach Watson secures a rare 20-20 season: ‘He’s got a lot of bat speed for a little guy’
- Orioles turn Keegan Akin’s potential 7-inning no-hitter into 11-2 loss to Blue Jays after late meltdown
- With Orioles’ ‘studs exposed,’ coach Tim Cossins appreciates fans’ criticisms: ‘If people aren’t talking about it, we’re going backwards’
- After early shouting match, Orioles surge past Blue Jays, 6-3, ending Toronto’s eight-game winning streak
- ‘Is that ever going to be me?’: At age 32, Manny Barreda’s major league debut with Orioles even more special
- Orioles rookie Jahmai Jones unfazed by growing pains: ‘You can either learn from it and get better, or you can let it bury you’
- Veteran Matt Harvey keeps giving the Orioles ‘bonus’ starts. Soon, he might give up his rotation spot to a rookie.
- Orioles promote Mike Baumann, one of their top pitching prospects, to majors: ‘I just wanna enjoy this moment’
- Orioles minor league report: Another promotion highlights Kyle Stowers’ standout season; Grayson Rodriguez, Mike Baumann pitching well
- Orioles reset: Win or lose, Baltimore still has role to play in AL East playoff hunt
- In Orioles’ ‘land of opportunity,’ Jorge Mateo showing off what once made him Yankees’ top prospect
- ‘It starts up here’: Orioles’ Trey Mancini hoping to carry strong mental approach through season’s final month
- How scouting, patience and ‘hop’ are helping the Orioles develop pitchers in the low minors
- For the Orioles’ rookie starters, it’s been a year of tumult and transition. They have a month left to salvage their seasons.
- One year after trade, Orioles prospect Terrin Vavra among most productive hitters on farm
- Orioles minor league report: Kyle Stowers, Adley Rutschman helping bolster slugging numbers on the farm
- Orioles reset: Amid historic pitching struggles, Chris Holt hopes ‘hard lessons’ will help a new crop of arms
- The Orioles’ crowded outfield was a preseason strength. It’s thinned itself with performance and platoons.
- Midseason remake of Orioles infield, led by Ramón Urías, Jorge Mateo and Jahmai Jones, makes for interesting group | ANALYSIS
- Orioles star Cedric Mullins breaks out of slump as team halts long losing skid: ‘I expect him to finish the season strong’
- The Orioles’ losing streak is over. The rebuild is far from it. But a much-needed win teased a different energy. | ANALYSIS
- Burning sage, mustaches and a win: Orioles rally to beat Angels, 10-6, ending longest losing streak in MLB since 2005 at 19 games
- Angels’ Joe Maddon offers support for Orioles’ Brandon Hyde amid historic losing streak: ‘Hyder’s the right man for the job’
- Orioles hope debut of Jahmai Jones ‘can give us a little jump-start’ amid longest losing streak in MLB since 2005
- Orioles minor league report: New players at Delmarva, familiar faces at Norfolk have standout weeks
- Orioles promote prospect Jahmai Jones, designate Maikel Franco for assignment amid infield shuffle ahead of Angels series
- Orioles reset: Amid scrutiny of rebuilding plan, losing streak also warrants examination of underperforming players
- Mike Elias gave the clearest indication yet of when the Orioles’ ‘traumatic’ rebuild could turn. It can’t come soon enough. | ANALYSIS
- COVID, low attendance have slashed Orioles’ rent payments to stadium authority, records show
- Heston Kjerstad, Orioles’ top pick in 2020 draft, working out at Sarasota complex; Mike Elias still planning potential call-ups | NOTES
- Orioles prospect rankings offer hope of bright future, but present remains bleak: ‘We haven’t gotten players here yet’
- Another losing streak has the Orioles on the cusp of clinching another losing season. But to Brandon Hyde, everybody ‘has something to play for.’
- New Orioles draft picks give Delmarva lineup a total makeover, and a big night: ‘It’s like the season is starting all over again’
- Orioles minor league report: Farm system climbs to highest ranking ever; Rylan Bannon breaks out at Norfolk
- Orioles reset: Low payroll for 2022 presents O’s with plenty of avenues for improvement
- The Orioles shouldn’t be this bad. No amount of progress with their farm system makes it acceptable. | ANALYSIS
- Trey Mancini started the second half hot. Both he and the Orioles have cooled off since.
- Chris Davis’ retirement provides small short-term benefits for him and the Orioles. The peace in parting outweighs it all. | ANALYSIS
- Orioles’ Chris Davis, polarizing slugger who signed club’s richest contract, retires after 11 seasons in Baltimore
- Orioles prospect Grayson Rodriguez believes he’s the best pitcher in the minors, too. Now he wants to prove it each outing.
- Now ‘a step away’ from the majors, Orioles top prospect Adley Rutschman ready to grow at Triple-A
- Orioles rookie Keegan Akin’s latest struggles mean stay in rotation might be brief
- Orioles minor league report: Adley Rutschman promotion comes after big week for top pitching prospects
- Orioles reset: Jorge Mateo is the type of waiver claim the club’s rebuild has been waiting for
- Orioles legend Brooks Robinson ‘on his way to a full recovery’ after breaking arm in fall at home
- Orioles promoting top prospect Adley Rutschman to Triple-A Norfolk
- Sonsy Gaba ‘so happy and so humbled’ by son Mo’s recognition as Orioles Hall of Famer
- As J.J. Hardy goes into the Orioles Hall of Fame, his winning impact could be a lesson to the current club | ANALYSIS
- Orioles slugger Ryan Mountcastle ‘continues to improve’ as rookie resurgence rolls on
- In so many ways, the Orioles can still only dream of a debut like Yankees prospect Luis Gil’s
- Orioles minor league report: Top pick Colton Cowser homers in debut; Kyle Stowers, Jordan Westburg stay hot
- Orioles reset: Baltimore held on to its pieces at the trade deadline. That will make for a busier offseason.
- Ramón Urías will be the Orioles’ primary shortstop down the stretch. He could have several double-play partners.
- Orioles’ quiet trade deadline signals that return to contention might not be so far away: ‘I think it’s getting closer’
- Orioles send shortstop Freddy Galvis to Phillies amid otherwise quiet trade deadline for team — despite ‘a couple of close opportunities’
- Orioles pitching prospect DL Hall likely done for year with elbow injury; club hoping for ‘some good news’ soon on Heston Kjerstad
- Here’s why this trade deadline figures to be different for the Orioles — and why that matters for Trey Mancini and others
- Nearing return from COVID injured list, Orioles’ Keegan Akin, Anthony Santander decline to say whether they’re vaccinated
- The Orioles have aggressively promoted top prospects all summer. Why is Adley Rutschman still at Double-A?
- Orioles minor league report: Adley Rutschman breaks out of slump with three homers; Mike Baumann back to his best at Bowie
- Orioles reset: Ryan McKenna ‘opening eyes’ even before key role in sweep-completing victory
- For Orioles star Cedric Mullins, anime is more than something fun to watch. It’s inspired him since he was a kid.
- Orioles welcome top draft picks Colton Cowser, Connor Norby to Camden Yards: ‘A day they’ll never forget’
- Orioles prospect Kyle Stowers showing prodigious power at Bowie: ‘This guy has a chance to be a big player’
- The Orioles have used rookie starting pitchers more than most teams. The results have been mixed.
- Orioles prospects Blaine Knight, Cody Sedlock back on big league trajectories at Bowie: ‘They’ve put themselves on that path’
- The Orioles-Rays game will be called entirely by women for the first time. For O’s announcer Melanie Newman, it’s been a long time coming.
- Orioles reset: Breaking down the O’s most likely trade candidates ahead of next week’s deadline
- Orioles’ Ramón Urías embracing everyday shortstop role with Freddy Galvis out: ‘It’s kind of refreshing’
- Orioles sign top draft pick Colton Cowser, the No. 5 overall selection
- For Orioles’ Ryan Mountcastle, the first half was not ‘all sunshine and rainbows.’ A productive second half could be on tap.
- Former Orioles announcer Gary Thorne returns to the broadcast booth as fill-in with Mets
- After a year of empty stands, the Orioles are welcoming crowds again. So far, fans aren’t flocking back.