Orioles (40-90) vs. Blue Jays (69-61)
Where: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
First pitch: 7:07 p.m.
TV/Radio: MASN2/105.7 FM
Starting pitchers: Orioles LHP Keegan Akin (1-8, 7.26 ERA) vs. Blue Jays LHP Hyun Jin Ryu (12-7, 3.88 ERA)
- Cedric Mullins (L) CF
- Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
- Austin Hays (R) RF
- Anthony Santander (S) DH
- Ramon Urias (R) 3B
- Pedro Severino (R) C
- Jorge Mateo (R) SS
- Ryan McKenna (R) LF
- Jahmai Jones (R) 2B
BLUE JAYS LINEUP
- Orioles minor league report: Kyle Stowers, Adley Rutschman helping bolster slugging numbers on the farm
- Ryan Mountcastle and Chris Ellis give Orioles a chance, but bullpen is tagged for six runs in 7-3 loss to Blue Jays
- Orioles reset: Amid historic pitching struggles, Chris Holt hopes ‘hard lessons’ will help a new crop of arms
- Orioles option Paul Fry, Spenser Watkins to Triple-A after 12-8 loss to Rays to finish season series 1-18 vs. Tampa Bay
- The Orioles’ crowded outfield was a preseason strength. It’s thinned itself with performance and platoons.
- Midseason remake of Orioles infield, led by Ramón Urías, Jorge Mateo and Jahmai Jones, makes for interesting group | ANALYSIS
- Orioles star Cedric Mullins breaks out of slump as team halts long losing skid: ‘I expect him to finish the season strong’
- The Orioles’ losing streak is over. The rebuild is far from it. But a much-needed win teased a different energy. | ANALYSIS
- Burning sage, mustaches and a win: Orioles rally to beat Angels, 10-6, ending longest losing streak in MLB since 2005 at 19 games
- Angels’ Joe Maddon offers support for Orioles’ Brandon Hyde amid historic losing streak: ‘Hyder’s the right man for the job’
- Orioles hope debut of Jahmai Jones ‘can give us a little jump-start’ amid longest losing streak in MLB since 2005
- Orioles minor league report: New players at Delmarva, familiar faces at Norfolk have standout weeks
- Orioles promote prospect Jahmai Jones, designate Maikel Franco for assignment amid infield shuffle ahead of Angels series
- Orioles reset: Amid scrutiny of rebuilding plan, losing streak also warrants examination of underperforming players
- Mike Elias gave the clearest indication yet of when the Orioles’ ‘traumatic’ rebuild could turn. It can’t come soon enough. | ANALYSIS
- COVID, low attendance have slashed Orioles’ rent payments to stadium authority, records show
- Heston Kjerstad, Orioles’ top pick in 2020 draft, working out at Sarasota complex; Mike Elias still planning potential call-ups | NOTES
- Orioles prospect rankings offer hope of bright future, but present remains bleak: ‘We haven’t gotten players here yet’
- Another losing streak has the Orioles on the cusp of clinching another losing season. But to Brandon Hyde, everybody ‘has something to play for.’
- New Orioles draft picks give Delmarva lineup a total makeover, and a big night: ‘It’s like the season is starting all over again’
- Orioles minor league report: Farm system climbs to highest ranking ever; Rylan Bannon breaks out at Norfolk
- Orioles reset: Low payroll for 2022 presents O’s with plenty of avenues for improvement
- The Orioles shouldn’t be this bad. No amount of progress with their farm system makes it acceptable. | ANALYSIS
- Trey Mancini started the second half hot. Both he and the Orioles have cooled off since.
- Chris Davis’ retirement provides small short-term benefits for him and the Orioles. The peace in parting outweighs it all. | ANALYSIS
- Orioles’ Chris Davis, polarizing slugger who signed club’s richest contract, retires after 11 seasons in Baltimore
- Orioles prospect Grayson Rodriguez believes he’s the best pitcher in the minors, too. Now he wants to prove it each outing.
- Now ‘a step away’ from the majors, Orioles top prospect Adley Rutschman ready to grow at Triple-A
- Orioles rookie Keegan Akin’s latest struggles mean stay in rotation might be brief
- Orioles minor league report: Adley Rutschman promotion comes after big week for top pitching prospects
- Orioles reset: Jorge Mateo is the type of waiver claim the club’s rebuild has been waiting for
- Orioles legend Brooks Robinson ‘on his way to a full recovery’ after breaking arm in fall at home
- Orioles promoting top prospect Adley Rutschman to Triple-A Norfolk
- Sonsy Gaba ‘so happy and so humbled’ by son Mo’s recognition as Orioles Hall of Famer
- As J.J. Hardy goes into the Orioles Hall of Fame, his winning impact could be a lesson to the current club | ANALYSIS
- Orioles slugger Ryan Mountcastle ‘continues to improve’ as rookie resurgence rolls on
- In so many ways, the Orioles can still only dream of a debut like Yankees prospect Luis Gil’s
- Orioles minor league report: Top pick Colton Cowser homers in debut; Kyle Stowers, Jordan Westburg stay hot
- Orioles reset: Baltimore held on to its pieces at the trade deadline. That will make for a busier offseason.
- Ramón Urías will be the Orioles’ primary shortstop down the stretch. He could have several double-play partners.
- Orioles’ quiet trade deadline signals that return to contention might not be so far away: ‘I think it’s getting closer’
- Orioles send shortstop Freddy Galvis to Phillies amid otherwise quiet trade deadline for team — despite ‘a couple of close opportunities’
- Orioles pitching prospect DL Hall likely done for year with elbow injury; club hoping for ‘some good news’ soon on Heston Kjerstad
- Here’s why this trade deadline figures to be different for the Orioles — and why that matters for Trey Mancini and others
- Nearing return from COVID injured list, Orioles’ Keegan Akin, Anthony Santander decline to say whether they’re vaccinated
- The Orioles have aggressively promoted top prospects all summer. Why is Adley Rutschman still at Double-A?
- Orioles minor league report: Adley Rutschman breaks out of slump with three homers; Mike Baumann back to his best at Bowie
- Orioles reset: Ryan McKenna ‘opening eyes’ even before key role in sweep-completing victory
- For Orioles star Cedric Mullins, anime is more than something fun to watch. It’s inspired him since he was a kid.
- Orioles welcome top draft picks Colton Cowser, Connor Norby to Camden Yards: ‘A day they’ll never forget’
- Orioles prospect Kyle Stowers showing prodigious power at Bowie: ‘This guy has a chance to be a big player’
- The Orioles have used rookie starting pitchers more than most teams. The results have been mixed.
- Orioles prospects Blaine Knight, Cody Sedlock back on big league trajectories at Bowie: ‘They’ve put themselves on that path’
- The Orioles-Rays game will be called entirely by women for the first time. For O’s announcer Melanie Newman, it’s been a long time coming.
- Orioles reset: Breaking down the O’s most likely trade candidates ahead of next week’s deadline
- Orioles’ Ramón Urías embracing everyday shortstop role with Freddy Galvis out: ‘It’s kind of refreshing’
- Orioles sign top draft pick Colton Cowser, the No. 5 overall selection
- For Orioles’ Ryan Mountcastle, the first half was not ‘all sunshine and rainbows.’ A productive second half could be on tap.
- Former Orioles announcer Gary Thorne returns to the broadcast booth as fill-in with Mets
- After a year of empty stands, the Orioles are welcoming crowds again. So far, fans aren’t flocking back.