On the money and culture of the Steroid Era: "Guys have always been trying to get an edge. But I think the point I am trying to make is that the union, they encouraged this because it was all about revenue. I'm listening to all the psychobabble today about let's not blame the players that didn't use them and all that. The question to me all the time, [is] if you really wanted to do the right thing and not just make the most money, why then, if it's only 10 percent or 15 percent [of players that are users] why didn't the other 75 or 85 percent of the players that weren't doing it, why didn't they say something? And the reason is that they liked the system. These guys hit the home runs, they get the big contracts, you have arbitration, your salary will be compared to this. This culture of baseball, of more revenue, more home runs, more people in the stands, blah, blah, blah, nobody was putting the ABS brakes on this. You have the union supporting it. They knew what was going on."