- With MLB owners unanimously voting to provide players with housing at home starting next season, players have had one of the biggest stressors, mentally and financially, removed from their road to the majors.
- The Orioles' Trey Mancini and Cedric Mullins are finalists for the American League’s Comeback Player Award, while Ryan Mountcastle is a finalist for the union’s Outstanding Rookie Award.
- The Orioles essentially had two everyday first basemen — Trey Mancini for the first 100 games or so, then Ryan Mountcastle for the rest of the year. How will it play out in 2022?
- Until the organization's top three pitching prospects in Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and Kyle Bradish reach Camden Yards, the Orioles could be better off supplementing their staff with pitchers far different from the journeymen types they rounded up last offseason.
- For Colton Cowser, Connor Norby, and the 15 other 2021 draftees on the roster, the instructional camp will be a chance to further steep themselves in the Orioles’ methodologies and best help them prepare for a full year of pro ball in 2022.
- If ever there was a position the Orioles were set at for the future, it’s catcher with top prospect Adley Rutschman nearing the majors.
- The Astros' pivot away from risky pitchers at the top of the draft in favor of high-floor, potentially impactful college hitters in their place is something the Orioles have followed during their own rebuild.
- Each team remaining in this year's postseason — and really each team that made the playoffs — has aspects the Orioles are looking to emulate.
- Former Orioles pitcher David Hess tweeted Wednesday that he went to an emergency room about a week ago after experiencing chest tightness and shortness of breath.
- While the Orioles’ stellar starters (Dave McNally, Mike Cuellar, Jim Palmer and Pat Dobson) pitched well, Pittsburgh’s unheralded staff was better, stopping the champs on a two-hitter, a three-hitter and two four-hitters.
Don't miss SPORTS
- If the Orioles’ bullpen is going to improve in 2022, it’s possible the best additions toward that effort are already in the organization: the pre-trade deadline versions of Paul Fry and Tanner Scott.
- Trey Mancini, Anthony Santander and John Means are among players due to receive raises this offseason. Will they get it from the Orioles?
- As a player entering his final season before reaching free agency, Trey Mancini is a logical trade candidate for an Orioles team that doesn’t appear as if it will be approaching contention in 2022.
- Orioles center fielder Cedric Mullins is one of the American League’s seven nominees for the Hank Aaron Award, which recognizes each league’s top offensive performer.
- The Orioles have answered some big questions about their outfield, but the way the club's organizational depth chart is being built suggests those players will be looking over their shoulder’s before long.
- Outfielders Yusniel Diaz and Kyle Stowers, two of the Orioles’ top prospects, highlight the organizations’ participants in the Arizona Fall League.