- Bruce Zimmermann provided 5 ⅔ innings of long relief and the Orioles erased a 4-0 deficit Sunday to beat the New York Yankees, ending a four-game losing streak.
- Infielder Pat Dorrian, one of the hottest hitters in all of minor league baseball, is an Orioles farmhand who, years ago, decided the only way to achieve his big league dream was to leave professional baseball just weeks after he was drafted.
Most popular orioles
- A brief Jorge López outing in an 8-2 loss to New York left seven innings for the Orioles bullpen in front of a sellout crowd at Camden Yards, and relievers could be tasked with handling all nine innings Sunday as Baltimore tries to avoid a sweep.
- Here's everything you need to know before the Orioles' home game Saturday night against the New York Yankees.
- The Orioles again have a high pick in the MLB draft this year. Here are some players who might be in their sights when it's their turn on the clock in mid-July.
Don't miss SPORTS
- When the Orioles hired assistant pitching coach Darren Holmes before last season, he inherited baseball’s worst relief corps. No bullpen has improved more in the past two years than Baltimore’s has under his tutelage.
- Once at least 70% of adults in Maryland get at least one dose of the coronavirus vaccine, Gov. Larry Hogan says the state will lift its mandate requiring wearing masks in indoor public spaces.
- Until now, Baltimore has maintained some of the strictest limitations in Maryland, despite a statewide loosening of restrictions that Republican Gov. Larry Hogan enacted in early March.
- A Citi Field homecoming for Matt Harvey, where the Orioles pitcher starred for so many years for the New York Mets, featured plenty of warmth from the fan base and a hit parade from the hosts.
- Matt Harvey, who has a 3.60 ERA for the Orioles, has been candid about his progress and how he’s come to grips with how far he’s come since he was dominating with the Mets from 2012 to 2015.