- Matt Harvey pitched two innings and allowed three runs on four hits in his first time out for the Orioles, and his impressions of the outing were as mixed as his thoughts on it.
- For rookie pitchers Dean Kremer, Keegan Akin and Bruce Zimmermann, making their big league debuts with the Orioles in the pandemic-shortened 2020 season puts them somewhere between prospect and known commodity this spring.
- Robert K. "Rob" Ray, a general contractor and an avid Orioles and Ravens fan, has died of COVID-19 at 52.
Most popular orioles
- From infielder Ramón Urías making the most of his chance to impress to outfielder Anthony Santander's improved plate discipline, here are the biggest takeaways from the Orioles' 6-3 Grapefruit League win over the Red Sox on Thursday.
- Now having solidified himself as the Orioles’ primary catcher in his third season with the club, Severino’s latest challenge might pale in comparison to those in his past.
- John Angelos — who Major League Baseball team owners voted privately last year to act as “control person” for the club — said that rumors that the Orioles might leave the city are “untrue.”
- Rutschman was making his first spring start after appearing off the bench Tuesday, and everything he’s done in the past two days has been under the microscope.
- Joe Altobelli, who succeeded Earl Weaver as Orioles manager and led the club to its last World Series title in 1983, died Wednesday of natural causes. He was 88.
- Those adjustments are particularly important ones for an Orioles team that has so much invested in the development of its minor league prospects for future big league success.
Don't miss SPORTS
- From John Means passing an early test to Chris Davis' injury to the promise of the team's young infield prospects, here are the biggest takeaways from the Orioles' 4-2 Grapefruit League loss to the Yankees on Tuesday.
- Mike Baumann, the Orioles' top-rated pitching prospect in spring training camp, is showing off his electric arsenal at its highest level yet.
- Violet R. “Vi” Ripken, the matriarch of a baseball dynasty and a revered member of the Aberdeen community recalled for her philanthropy, has died just short of her 83rd birthday.
- As Stewart competes for an outfield job in a group that also features Ryan Mountcastle, Anthony Santander, Austin Hays and Cedric Mullins, he’ll have to distinguish himself with more days like Monday.
- Violet R. “Vi” Ripken, the widow of former Orioles manager Cal Ripken Sr. and mother of Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. and former Oriole Bill Ripken, died Friday.
- The move is first and foremost a way for the Orioles to get the best out of Mullins, but could have implications for the rest of their outfield mix entering the season as well.