High school football has reached the midpoint of the regular season with seven of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 teams still undefeated.
While the weather forced a few games to be moved or postponed for a day because of unplayable field conditions, all of those were completed.
Notable this week — No. 1 St. Frances finally played its first full game, No. 2 Calvert Hall suffered its first loss and No. 12 Liberty improved to 5-0 for the first time in program history.
Here’s how the entire Top 15 fared in Week 5. Check back Monday evening for the new poll.
1. St. Frances (2-0) This week: Def. Life Christian, Va., 51-6. Next: Vs. Clarkson, Ont., Fri.
2. Calvert Hall (5-1) This week: Lost to No. 3 Mount Saint Joseph, 21-7. Next: Gilman, Sat.
3. Mount Saint Joseph (5-1) This week: Def. No. 3 Calvert Hall, 21-7. Next: At Loyola, Sat.
4. Broadneck (5-0) This week: Def. Northeast, 48-6. Next: Old Mill, Fri.
5. Archbishop Spalding (1-1) This week: Def. No. 13 McDonogh, 34-17. Next: Vs. St. Anthony, N.Y., Fri.
6. Dunbar (3-0) This week: Def. Central, 63-0. Next: Poly, Fri.
7. Milford Mill (5-0) This week: Def. Parkville, 27-6. Next: At Kenwood, Fri.
8. Glenelg (5-0) This week: Def Atholton, 54-14. Next: At Marriotts Ridge, Fri.
9. Westminster (4-1) This week: Def. F.S. Key, 33-7. Next: At Century, Fri.
10. Mervo (3-0) This week: Vs. Taft, Ohio, canceled. Next: Patterson, Fri.
11. McDonogh (2-3) This week: Lost to No. 2 Archbishop Spalding, 34-17. Next: Vs. No. 3 Mount Saint Joseph, Oct. 12.
12. Liberty (5-0) This week: Def. South Hagerstown, 36-33. Next: South Carroll, Fri.
13. Arundel (4-1) This week: Def. Glen Burnie, 61-14. Next: North County, Fri.
14. Howard (4-1) This week: Def. River Hill, 22-7. Next: At Long Reach, Fri.
15. Edgewood (4-1) This week: Def. Elkton, 35-14. Next: North Harford, Fri.