Most of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 high school football teams continued their winning ways Friday night, but there were a few upsets, one overtime decision and more close games than in any other week. Still, all seven teams that started the week unbeaten escaped with their perfect records intact.
Here’s a look at what happened in Week 7.
1. St. Frances (4-0) This week: Def. Canada Prep, 55-0. Next: Vs. Thomas More (Conn.) at Trinity College, Conn., Fri.
2. Mount Saint Joseph (7-1) This week: Def. No. 11 McDonogh, 34-30. Next: At High Point Christian (N.C.), Fri.
3. Archbishop Spalding (3-2) This week: Lost to No. 4 Calvert Hall, 21-7. Next: Vs. Friendship Collegiate at Anacostia High School, Sat.
4. Calvert Hall (7-1) This week: Def. No. 3 Archbishop Spalding, 21-7. Next: Vs. No. 11 McDonogh, Oct. 26.
5. Broadneck (7-0) This week: Def. South River, 48-30. Next: Vs. Meade, Fri.
6. Dunbar (5-0) This week: Def. Douglass, 35-6. Next: Vs. Digital Harbor, Thurs.
7. Milford Mill (7-0) This week: Def. Franklin, 19-13 OT. Next: At Catonsville, Thurs.
8. Glenelg (7-0) This week: Def. Long Reach, 49-19. Next: Vs. River Hill, Fri.
9. Westminster (5-2) This week: Lost to No. 12 Liberty, 28-20. Next: At Winters Mill, Fri.
10. Mervo (5-0) This week: Def. City, 54-0. Next: Vs. Douglass, Fri.
11. McDonogh (2-4) This week: Lost to No. 2 Mount Saint Joseph, 34-30. Next: At St. Vincent-St. Mary (Ohio), Sat.
12. Liberty (7-0) This week: Def. No. 9 Westminster, 28-20. Next: At Manchester Valley, Thurs.
13. Arundel (6-1) This week: Def. Annapolis, 35-34. Next: Vs. Chesapeake, Fri.
14. Howard (6-1) This week: Won by forfeit over Centennial. Next: Vs. Hammond, Fri.
15. Edgewood (6-1) This week: Def. Aberdeen, 38-8. Next: Vs. Bel Air, Fri.