• The junior may be the area's best runner. Bazell emerged from the shadow of teammate Andrew Revelle last season and was named to the All-Metro team.
• Brungot, a senior, will help anchor an improving Seahawks team. He took sixth in Anne Arundel County last year.
• Campbell was one of the area's biggest surprises last year. In his first year in cross country, he took third in Baltimore County and won his region. The senior came to practice in great shape this summer.
C. Milton Wright
• The senior was a consistent performer during his first two years on varsity. He took second in the Upper Chesapeake Bay Athletic Conference meet and also was second in last year's Bull Run at Hereford.
• He finished seventh in the regional as a junior last year, but Kuppali has the potential to become one of the area's top runners.
• Expect the senior to start the season slowly as he comes back from offseason knee surgery. When he is back at full strength, Lange will be the key in Wilde Lake's bid to repeat as Class 3A state champion.
Francis Scott Key
• The senior finished second in the state as the Eagles won the Class 2A state title last fall.
• Ropiski came on strong as a sophomore last year, taking second in the UCBAC meet and fifth in the state meet.
• The senior should play a big role on an improving team. He finished fourth in the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and private schools state meets.
• A solid distance runner in track the past two years, the junior makes his debut in cross country this fall. He played a big role in Howard winning the past two state titles in outdoor track.
Other notables // Jeremy Buyer, Broadneck; Andrew Cross, Liberty; Doug Findeisen, South Carroll; Danny Generette, Chesapeake-B; Zach Holz, Francis Scott Key; Grisha Iventichev, Friends; Trevor Keen, Archbishop Spalding; Eric Liberatore, Liberty; Alex Lohrman, Bel Air; J.P. Reddinger, Severna Park; Jonathan Sham, Wilde Lake; Zach Sullivan, Archbishop Spalding; Chris Swisko, Calvert Hall; Jordan White, Francis Scott Key; Jake Zamostny, South Carroll.
C. Milton Wright
• She won the Upper Chesapeake Bay Athletic Conference title for the second straight year last season. The senior has finished in the top 10 twice in state title races.
• Borisko opened some eyes with her second-place finish in last year's state meet. The junior beat Hereford standout Kristen Malloy in that race.
• The senior set a school course record in one race and later took second in the Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland meet.
• She formed a strong one-two punch with Hillary Lee last season. Fromme, a junior, took third in the Anne Arundel County title race and placed 10th in the state.
• Hill battled through injuries last year, but still won the Howard County Invitational. The junior was sidelined in the county and regional races, but finished 10th in the state.
• The senior has been one of Anne Arundel County' s most consistent runners. Kasimova finished fourth in the state last year.
• Lee made an immediate impact as a freshman last season. She took second in Anne Arundel County and finished seventh in the state.
• Malloy is hungry for a state title this fall after her spectacular season last year ended with a third-place finish at states. The junior also is a standout in indoor and outdoor track.
• The junior combines with Kristen Malloy to give the Bulls a standout tandem. Randall took fourth in the state meet last year, right behind Malloy.
• She played a big role in the Patriots winning the IAAM team title last season. The senior won that meet, and then finished second in the state private schools meet a week later.
Other notables // Katelyn Colgain, John Carroll; Sadie Dempsey, Severna Park; Anjelica DiNucci, Dulaney; Katie Harman, River Hill; Miranda Heater, South River; Ellie Kavanagh, Towson; Kelsey Kenealy, Severna Park; Emma Larkin, Dulaney; Lindsay Lippencott, C. Milton Wright; Emily Powell, South Carroll; Carly Reed, Century; Kelly Rush, Dulaney; Colleen Shea, Seton Keough; Lindsay Smith, C. Milton Wright; Rachel Sykes, South Carroll.