- It was a historic day at Hobbits Glen Monday afternoon at the Howard County championship tournament, with freshmen Helen Yeung and Benjamin Siriboury becoming the first River Hill individuals to win county titles.
Most popular high school
- The Eagles (2-6) enjoyed their first win since March 26, and coach Lori Knights said her squad has come a long way since the early stages of this unique fall sports season.
- The Gators practiced inside the confines of their homes, awaiting the chance to play once more. On Monday afternoon, they celebrated a dominant victory on the sideline.
- McDonogh has won 227 of its past 228 games and hasn’t lost in the regular season since April 11, 2009, when it fell to Canandaigua (N.Y.) Academy.
- Richard Edelen “Richie” Evans, a former lacrosse player whose Towson bar, The Crease, attracted a wide following, has died of Covid-19 at 79.
- The Times reached out to the coaches of these teams and asked for their feedback on which players shined above the rest. Here’s a look at the top private school basketball players from Carroll for the 2021 winter season.
Don't miss SPORTS
- In its search for the program’s next varsity basketball coach, Boys’ Latin has turned to a familiar source, announcing Monday that Doug Nicholas will return to the post to succeed former coach Cliff Rees.
- A look around Howard County sports, including River Hill grad Mike Heitzmann helping Maryland men's soccer advance in Big Ten tournament, and high school Player of the Week voting.
- Wing back Quinton Bloch and fullback Omari Lawrence were in the driver’s seat of Eastern Tech’s offense as the Mavericks defeated Dulaney 24-8 on Saturday.