- A deep 3-point attempt at the buzzer by SC's Caleb Eddins bounced off the back of the rim and a wild celebration ensued from Century.
Most popular high school
- The Baltimore County Board of Education passed a motion Tuesday night to begin the high school fall sports season on Saturday, Feb. 13, regardless of the status of reopening high school buildings, assuming the COVID-19 metrics continue trending in the right direction.
- Last year’s Carroll County Athletic League champion got pins from Ryan Athey (120 pounds), Brandon Athey (160), Austin Gidge (182), and Jackson Moore (220).
- The Under Armour All America Lacrosse watch list was announced Tuesday with 24 area standouts — eight boys and 16 girls — receiving mention among the 2021 class.
Don't miss SPORTS
- COVID-19 has impacted the schedule to this point, with basketball and wrestling having to postpone and shuffle varsity and junior varsity boys and girls contests to give athletes and coaches time to quarantine or isolate.
- Mount Saint Joseph might soon have its eighth Major League Baseball player after former Gaels pitcher Peter Solomon was added to the Houston Astros’ 40-man roster on Nov. 20.
- All seven high school gymnasiums in Carroll County are equipped with state-of-the-art cameras that livestream games online.
- In a winter season with no high school athletics in Howard County, the competition goes virtual with a fan's choice tournament featuring all-decade boys basketball teams selected by the staff of the Howard County Times.