- About 300 runners and walkers, almost all wearing “Bailey Bullock Heart & Sole” T-shirts, traveled over the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air Sunday to honor the memory of the John Carroll student athlete who died following a track workout in May.
Most popular high school
- Running its record to a perfect 7-0 Wednesday evening, the Patterson Mill boys volleyball team defeated host C. Milton Wright by a score of 3-1 in Harford County League action.
- C. Milton Wright’s Ashton Tolson and Bel Air’s Elizabeth Pickett claimed titles at the annual Bull Run Cross-Country Invitational at Hereford High School Saturday.
- Catonsville built a 2-0 lead before a quick thunderstorm delayed Wednesday’s game for 35 minutes in the second half, and the unbeaten No. 7 Comets (5-0-1) added an insurance goal in a 3-0 victory over visiting Dulaney (4-2).
- Adrian Gonzalez and Nick Byers each scored two goals and seven players recorded a goal or an assist as C. Milton Wright claimed a 9-0 home win over the previously unbeaten Cougars.
Don't miss SPORTS
- C. Milton Wright volleyball picked up its first win of the season Tuesday with a five-set win over visiting Rising Sun in Upper Chesapeake Bay Athletic Conference play.
- The Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Sun are teaming up for the sixth season of Ravens RISE High School Football Showdown games. Five RISE games are being chosen by weekly online votes, each featuring in-conference Friday night matchups from a different part of the Baltimore area.
- Jerome A. “Jerry” Komin, a retired salesman and highly regarded local sports official who had been a champion athlete at Mount Saint Joseph High School, died of dementia Aug. 30.
- The Fallston girls soccer team set the tone early Tuesday in its Upper Chesapeake Bay Athletic Conference game against visiting Patterson Mill, scoring in the first four minutes on the way to a 3-0 win.
- A roundup of high school varsity action in Carroll County on Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021.