- In a record-breaking offensive spectacle where both teams combined to record the most goals in a half (31), Dante Trader Jr. found the net twice to help the South team defeat the North team, 28-22, at the Johns Hopkins’ Homewood Field in Baltimore.
- Loyola Maryland commit Chase Boyle scored two goals to earn Most Valuable Player honors and future Maryland goalie Emily Lamparter made a game-record 14 saves on Saturday night in the Under Armour All-America Girls Lacrosse Game at Johns Hopkins' Homewood Field.
- The U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association announced winners of its High School Track & Field Coaches of the Year awards, and Oakland Mills' Chris Brewington and Howard's Zack Dickerson were Maryland's recipients.
Most popular high school
- Representing the South team in the country’s most prestigious senior showcase, the Gators have every position covered with goalie Leah Warehime, defender Paris Colgain, midfielder Christina Gagnon and attacker Caitlin McElwee taking to the field.
- After suffering an ACL tear in January 2020 and working his way back into top form for his senior year, Boys' Latin star Ben Smith is excited to play with some of the best players in the country at the Under Armour All-America Game Saturday at Johns Hopkins' Homewood Field in Baltimore.
- Century junior Jack Amerault showcased how far he has come over the last two years, going from 3-9 as a freshman to posting a 14-1 record this spring including capturing a Carroll County singles title.
- Senior midfielders Quinn Kelley (Marriotts Ridge) and Cameron Stockenberg (Mt. Hebron) headline the 2021 Howard County boys lacrosse All-County team as Co-Players of the Year.
- As a freshman this spring, Trinetra Vijayakumar won region and state championships as part of an undefeated season playing singles for Mt. Hebron tennis.
Don't miss SPORTS
- With an 11-1 record that included a run to the state finals of the 3A singles bracket, River Hill sophomore Alex Artazov headlines the boys tennis All-County package as Player of the Year.
- Liberty senior Grace Johnson goes undefeated during regular season, wins Carroll County girls tennis singles championship.
- Lacrosse last made an appearance in the Olympics in 1948 as a demonstration sport, and in 1908 as a medal sport. So the news that the sport could return to the Summer Games as early as 2028 in Los Angeles was welcomed with open arms.
- Hunter Rose was at the center of the action for a Century offense that was among the best in the state, leading Carroll County in hits with 22 and a .550 batting average.
- As he turned 19 years old on Thursday, former Gilman star pitcher Peter Heubeck made his decision: He’s ready to begin his professional career in Dodgers blue after being drafted in the third round of the MLB draft on July 12.