- Wilde Lake senior defensive back Ramal West headlines the spring 2021 Howard County football All-County package as the Defensive Player of the Year.
- Howard senior running back/wide receiver Curtis Eley headlines the spring 2021 Howard County football All-County package as the Offensive Player of the Year.
Most popular high school
- Girls lacrosse teams from C. Milton Wright and Fallston were both winners Wednesday and both will play Friday for respective state championships at Loyola University. CMW (13-1) knocked off previously unbeaten and host Urbana (11-1), 12-7, in a Class 3A state semifinal, while Fallston (13-1) was a 11-4 winner over visiting Southern-Anne Arundel (5-5) in a 1A state semifinal.
- The Fallston Cougars boys lacrosse team had little difficulty Wednesday in putting itself back into a state title game.The Cougars (10-1) rolled over visiting Perryville (10-4), 20-1, in a Class 1A state semifinal. The Cougars led at the half, 11-0.
- Senior faceoff specialist Kyle Ketterman provided the ball for most of the game, senior attackman Evan Jones paved the way offensively with a five-goal, two-assist performance while some timely work on defense led to an 11-6 win for Towson over C. Milton Wright in Wednesday's Class 3A boys lacrosse state semifinal.
- The Hereford boys lacrosse team came back from down 7-3 in the second quarter to beat Glenelg 13-12 in the MPSSAA Class 2A semifinals on Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
- Madison Knight, the Huskies junior phenom who is committed to Syracuse, was on her game in the pitcher’s circle as she allowed just two hits and a walk while striking out 11 in the shutout. She also did damage with the bat, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning that ended the game.
Don't miss SPORTS
- Middletown (12-0) won 13 of 16 draws in the second half and outscored the Knights 10-5 over the final 25 minutes.
- Reservoir softball defeated visiting Damascus, 1-0, in the 3A state semifinals on Wednesday behind the team's fourth shutout of the playoffs.
- The North Harford girls captured the team title in the 2A East Region track and field meet Tuesday at Kent Island. They made it look easy, scoring 129 points to win by 47 over North Caroline, the runner-up in the 11-team field.
- The 43rd Howard County Invitational Swim Meet, held Saturday at Stevens Forest Pool in Columbia, saw several standout performances and was headlined by River Hill securing the combined team championship.
- North Harford senior Mitchell Wittkamp threw a two-hit shutout Tuesday to lead the Hawks (15-6) past host Parkside (10-3), 1-0, in an Class 2A state quarterfinal.