If y'all detect a Southern accent, it's because Alabama has moved into the No. 2 slot after its come-from-behind victory at Arkansas. Crimson Tide quarterback Greg McElroy still hasn't lost a game since junior high, and you can bet his first is not going to be against Gainesville's "Swamp Thing." With grits and practice, Alabama has a chance to be as good as Boise State this year. Stanford uses the myth-of-beating-Notre Dame theory to jump six spots in advance of its big game at Oregon.
1. Boise State 3-0 (1): Saturday's sellout of 34,137 would be smallest spring-game turnout in 'Bama history.
2. Alabama 4-0 (4): If they had a (Ryan) Mallett, they'd Mallett in the morning, all over this land.
3. Ohio State 4-0 (2): Buckeyes docked for unwillingness to play a road game.
4. Oregon 4-0 (6): Boosters contributing to Chip Kelly's contract extension will receive Oregon donor cards.
5. Texas Christian 4-0 (3): Going easy on SMU was the Methodist thing to do.
6. Stanford 4-0 (12): Cardinal is a color, not a bird, but that doesn't mean team isn't flying high.
7. Nebraska 4-0 (5): Um, 17-3 over South Dakota State is only acceptable as a first-quarter score.
8. Florida 4-0 (15): Urban Meyer told to keep career victory total (100 and climbing) below his cholesterol level.
9. Oklahoma 4-0 (8): Only top-10 team to have been outscored 41-10 in fourth quarter this season.
10. Arizona 4-0 (13): Guest speaker Carrot Top helps team overcome big-game stage fright.
11. Arkansas 3-1 (9): Hogs also blew fourth-quarter lead to Texas in 1969 "Game of the Century."
12. Auburn 4-0 (18): Two big comeback victories over Palmetto State (Clemson and South Carolina).
13. Utah 4-0 (10): Noduh.com reports team started 4-0 in each of its last two undefeated seasons.
14. Iowa 3-1 (14): Joe Paterno checks into Iowa City hotel and requests wakeup call for 1982.
15. Miami 3-1 (17): Time flies: Victory over Pitt last Thursday seems like only a week ago.
16. South Carolina 3-1 (11): Steve Spurrier screams, "Bring me the head (phones) of Stephen Garcia!"
17. LSU 4-0 (23): Knocked two teams, North Carolina and West Virginia, out of the AP park.
18. Wisconsin 4-0 (16): Dropped two spots in AP after 67-point victory over AP (Austin Peay).
19. USC 4-0 (19): Kid coaches Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin meet at midfield to sign each other's yearbooks.
20. Michigan 4-0 (21): QB Denard Robinson (knee) is OK, ready to not lace 'em up at Indiana.
21. Penn State 3-1 (22): Auntie Em tells Paterno trailing Temple at half just a bad dream.
22. Nevada 4-0 (NR): Didn't need a pistol offense pointed at head to bump Wolf Pack into top 25.
23. Texas 3-1 (7): No turkey (legs) at Texas State Fair — played one last week vs. UCLA.
24. N.C. State 4-0 (NR): Please get together with team No. 22 to figure out how to spell Wolfpack.
25. James Madison 3-0 (25): Introduced to wife Dolley in May of 1794 through mutual friend Aaron Burr.
Dropped out: Pittsburgh (20), Oregon State (24).